International postage (& associated costs) - seller query

Hi team!

I have a query about international shipping options on seller listings...

One of my listed items was entered for auction only (no buy it now price) and I entered both a domestic and international cost for each - with neither being particularly cheap, but with the international cost being atleast double the domestic cost (due to the awkwardness of the item to ship).

After listing the item, all that seems to be visible to the bidders is the domestic cost, and no reference to the international shipping cost??.... I have double-checked the listing from end (my seller account) and it confirms I have put that international option & it’s cost is there, but when I do a search and check from the perspective of the buyer/bidder, I really can’t seem to find a mention of it on item anywhere...(other than to say ships “worldwide”)

Even more confusing, is that the item does still state that the seller (me) will ship “worldwide”...So with the listing saying worldwide shipping, but the only visible shipping cost being the listed domestic cost, I worried that the listing is suggesting to any potential overseas bidders I will ship it to them for the domestic cost (which simply isn’t possible!)

Why I’m starting to get concerned by this though, is that I have two particularly motivated bidders that have been pretty enthusiastic with there bidding.....and they are both international bidders (it’s essentially been a two-horse race” so far)

So with this in mind, does anyone Have any knowledge of this / had this issue? Am I perhaps not looking in the right place And it is actually there?

If anyone has an answer / any idea at all. I’d just like to know what the issue is before the auction ends in case I can sort it out beforehand and also avoid frustrating/disappointing the potential auction winner in the process.

Any help is appreciated!👌💯🥳
Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You need to rethink your local postage costs before worrying about international postage.

Australia Post will not accept a 6'3" item for standard postage,

You have already quoted US postage in the description which is probably what the current bidders are going to hold you to.....For your sake I hope it is accurate.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

When I went to the "Postage and Payments" section, and changed the country from Australia to America, the shipping cost also changed, so it's definitely there.
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

There is a company that sells DHL shipping at their reduced rates and I would be checking them for a price. $120 would be more than enough for international it will just depend on the length.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Australia Post will not accept a 6'3" item for standard postage,

OP using Startrack perhaps lyndal ?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

No Padi....same dimensions as AP for one off parcels....and it is not classed as AP Standard Post.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply