International postage costs by location

Hi Folks, 

I hope you are all well and selling well.

I need your help again with something that has my tiny mind bent every which way and please forgive me if I've asked something similar a long time ago. I'm just now getting a round tuit!

I'm not the shiniest penny, I know that, but how does anyone understand, upon eBay information, how to set up international postage rates by location?

As an example I'll use Etsy. All you need do there is input the postage $$$ you want to charge to certain destinations like say, the US, Canada, Europe, the UK, Japan, China, Singapore, anywhere else etc. Once you've done that postage is calculated at checkout based on the location of the buyer. But how in the good Lords name can I achieve the same here? I've tried. My endeavours don't work. I've really messed things up proper. 

I don't want to input postage costs for every country in the world, probably about 6 or 7 I'd say, being those that we post to often.

Am I missing something very simple, or is it as I suspect, convaluted beyond all reason? My reason anyway.

Any help appreciated, very much with this one.

Thanks.

Melina

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I just put in "calculated postage"  and let ebay do it.  

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

@ Curraone

Thanks and yes, that appears the only option really. The way it is all set up here (or not set up) does my head in. I’ve been trying (fiddling) for days.

Should I assume that if I use calculated postage eBay applies the current Australia Post pricing?

Thanks again,

Melina.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

that's right, works well for most items.   I hear that  some items don't work if they are too big or heavy, but books are always fine.

Just put in the measurements and weight.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Big thanks. I’ll have another crack at it.

Hmmmm! Not today though. I think I can feel wine o’clock in the wind. Oh what fun I could cause for myself with half a bottle of Brown Brothers in the problem solving equation ... lol.

Thanks for help 🙂

Melina.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply