International postage

I've started listing after a brief absence and as far as I know haven't changed anything.  I offer free domestic postage and charge a small amount for international postage, but when I just checked my listings on ebay.com, they state "Free international postage."    I've double checked my original listings on ebay.com.au and can't see what is wrong.  Can anyone help with this?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

International postage

I'm logged into the AU site and looked at some of your listings. I changed the postage location to the US and it's showing a postage cost. Some $4, some $5. In fact, every country that I changed it to said the same postage, regardless of where in the world it was. Does that sound about right?

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

International postage

Probably because when you offer "free Postage" on ebayau it is free postage everywhere in the world regardless of what you put in for international shipping.

Just another major glitch on the site and why I do not offer "free postage" for anything..

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

International postage

It should be showing up as postage.  However it may be because you are logged in from Aus, even though it's the US site.  The system can automatically read your postcode, and will show you what postage fees are applicable to you.  

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

International postage

Thanks for the input.  For about six months prior to my absence, most of my puny sales were to the States and no one complained about being charged postage on their invoice.  With this latest development, I'm considering listing on the US site.  I have a US bank account and understand that is the main requirement.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

International postage

I'm logged into the AU site and looked at some of your listings. I changed the postage location to the US and it's showing a postage cost. Some $4, some $5. In fact, every country that I changed it to said the same postage, regardless of where in the world it was. Does that sound about right?

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

International postage

Yes, $4 and $5 is right.  Wonder what is happening.  When I look at my listings on ebay.com they show free international postage.  Thank you very much for that.  I'll rest easier now.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

International postage

I just checked on the US site and they did say free international shipping. However, when I changed the location to an overseas country, it showed a postage cost. My guess is it's showing the free international shipping if you're in Australia, but people in other countries will see a charge.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply