Inventory vs Quantity on GTC Listings

Hi - I'm trying to wrap my head around the relationship between the quantity of a GTC listing and the inventory level. I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to bulk update quantities in live listings by uploading inventory levels using file exchange or some other way.

I managed to figure out how to upload inventory levels using file exchange, but how can I get those numbers to update in my live listings?

For example if the quantity in a listing is 10 but I need to reduce it to 5, can this number somehow be updated in the listing automatically, partiularly if I have uploaded 5 into inventory?

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Not entirely sure exactly what you are asking about, but I have fiddled with File Exchange with moderate success...

Request a download of all your Active listings but choose the option for price revision.

The resultant CSV file will contain several usefull fields in a format that is ready to re-upload to REVISE the listings contained in the CSV download.

Two of the main fields I think you may be interested in are "StartPrice" and "Quantity".

Go thru the CSV file (Using Excel) and delete any items (Rows) you do not wish to revise.

Then update the Quantity column with your revised numbers. This will include any variations if you have them.

When you are done re-submit the CSV file to File Exchange for upload.

The end result should be updated Quantities in your chosen Active listings only.

Re-download the same file as above and do a check in Excel to see if it worked OK.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Thanks that worked. Took a attempts to get the data in the right format for it to be accepted in the system. But now I can upload new prices and quantities in bulk to my listings, which is what I was hoping to do.

Thanks for your help.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply