Is It Just Me?

Is anyone else having issues with the forum tonight, or is it just me? I'm having trouble getting messages to load, I keep getting 'webpage not available'. It seems to be sporadic.

We had a direct lightning hit on Saturday and I thought it may have fried the router. I got it working again by replacing the phone cable between the router and the wall (the strike blew the surge protector board up.....literally). It seems to have been working fine since.

Tonight, every other page I look at is working fine, except these forums, so wasn't sure if it was just me having router issues, or whether it's a site issue.

Now, as I tried to post this message, I got this little gem!

Correct the highlighted errors and try again.

• Post flooding detected (community received posts of a unique message more than 1 times within 3,600 seconds)

I haven't posted anything for over 10 minutes!

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Is It Just Me?

Hi sheep, same here. It's the same here. Must be a Gremlin again.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Is It Just Me?

yes, terrible for ages, all the forums, everything else seems okay

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Is It Just Me?

Yes, me too.  I thought I was having router issues so changed to my wireless thingy....no change at all.

I was thinking of giving up and going to bed....much less frustrating than persevering here.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Is It Just Me?

It seems to be OK this morning. I ended up going to bed. i got sick of it taking 5+ minutes to be able to read a message!

I was so hoping it wasn't my router. It seemed to be working OK after the lightning stike out the front of the house. Last night I'd had myself convinced that maybe it had been affected a bit, even though every other page seemed to be working OK!

I have to say, those surge protector power boards stink real bad when they blow up! Obviously they do a good job though because only the cable from the wall to the power board died. The one that went from the power board to the router still seems to be OK (although it's really short, so can't use it until I get a new board). Most importantly, the router seems to have survived!

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Is It Just Me?

The forum seems to be slwong up again this morning, particularly when posting a reply.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Is It Just Me?

I couldn't open any threads on here or CS for most of the evening last night. All other websites were fine.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Is It Just Me?

You are not the only one. It happened to me too. eBay system is telling you to select or type label to use for the posting. On the right side of your message you will see "Labels" and below it you will see "Choose a Label:"  You need to select the appropriate label for the message you are posting. Examples are Fees, Shop, VAT, Return, Selling tools, Technical issues, etc. That's all. eBay has a funny way of explaining its self. I hope this helps.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Is It Just Me?

You’ve just replied to a thread dating back to June 2014. Nine years ago. NINE.

The thread has been dormant for nine years.

It’s been as dead as Elvis. It’s left the building. It has been mouldering and decaying while the maggots of time have feasted upon it.

Please… check the date on threads before posting on them…?

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Is It Just Me?

And they're in the UK...lol

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply