Is it now compulsory to send an offer to a "watched" item ?

Is it now compulsory that if an item is  "watched" that the seller must make an offer to potential customer?  Its happened to me a few times recently.   Unless I send an offer Im not able to view my listings.  Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I have received offers for watched items, but I also have watched items for which I have received no offer. It is just an option sellers have, but it is not a must.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Nope, I can still view my listings with ebayers keeping watch.

I ignore ebays suggestion to send them an offer, coz I don't want to sell it for less.

Plus I reckon it would annoy them if i did. 

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

@francapossum127 wrote:

Is it now compulsory that if an item is  "watched" that the seller must make an offer to potential customer?  Its happened to me a few times recently.   Unless I send an offer Im not able to view my listings.  Has anyone else had this happen to them?

No it is not compulsory.    And I can still look at any of my items that have watchers, or are eligible for me to send an offer.    You should be able to view your own listings.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

7 REPLIES 7

I have received offers for watched items, but I also have watched items for which I have received no offer. It is just an option sellers have, but it is not a must.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Nope, I can still view my listings with ebayers keeping watch.

I ignore ebays suggestion to send them an offer, coz I don't want to sell it for less.

Plus I reckon it would annoy them if i did. 

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

@francapossum127 wrote:

No it is not compulsory.    And I can still look at any of my items that have watchers, or are eligible for me to send an offer.    You should be able to view your own listings.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

no

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Yes I agree motor*mags

I think it puts people off when sending potential buyers an offer.

I will see if ebay makes me send offers to cutomers today.  Hopefully it was just a glitch

Thank you everyone who took the trouble to reply 

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Motor mags,  It doesnt annoy my customers, I get a good return rate on offers I send.   And in reality if they were annoyed they are just window shoppers anyhow,  we don't need them, it dirties the windows

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@francapossum127 wrote:

If you're prepred to drop the price, by all means!

Items get watched for a few reasons. I used to watch an item just so I could see how much it would fetch.

Either because I had the same item or just curious what the market will pay.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply