Is there such a thing as a perfect buyer?

No offence to the buyers that make ebay go round but some things annoy me, even more so than not paying.

How hard is it to get the address right.

Really massive addresses

Give your order at least a couple of days to arrive

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

I would rate 99+% of my buyers as perfect.

They pay, I send. They may or may not leave feedback, but only that <1% have issues they address through feedback, rather than through me.

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

goldfish.jpg

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Remembering that ebay apparently give an option for suburb AND city - which screws C&S up to the extent that you need to cut & paste the suburb into the right field. A couple of seconds is no biggie for me.

Certainly not enough to start a thread about it.

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

I was hoping that people would bring up some funny things.

'click and send' is even worse. Have you had a postcode or suburb that apparently doesn't exist?

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

99% perfect? Is the actual customer 99% perfect or is it 99% of the time all customers are?

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

@dylan11235813 wrote:

I was hoping that people would bring up some funny things.

'click and send' is even worse. Have you had a postcode or suburb that apparently doesn't exist?

Often. Google street and postcode, or street and suburb. Or even google map it to see where they actually live.

Probably the reason why so much mail goes astray is because people don't seem to know where they live. Suburb and Postcode wise. They presumably know the street and number.

Even if I found something funny, I doubt I would be holding my buyers up to public ridicule. That's sort of the moral compact you enter into when you take their money.

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

@dylan11235813 wrote:

99% perfect? Is the actual customer 99% perfect or is it 99% of the time all customers are?

99% of my transactions are perfect. Given that none have been just under, there is <1 in a 100 who is a hassle.

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

Well, I think I am pretty close to being the perfect buyer but really it is only something a seller can decide based on how the transaction went with him/her.

However, I think sellers need to know how to use C & S and not accuse buyers of being idiots.

I recently bought an item and paid within minutes.  The next day I got a message from the seller that she was having trouble entering my suburb and postcode in C & S and could I clarify it for her.  I replied that my address was correct and was  (suburb) and (postcode).

Next I get a message that the suburb was wrong....4 different suburbs come up when she enters the postcode and how does she know which one is correct.  I replied that yes, there are 4 suburbs serviced by the same post office with the same post code but mine is (suburb) as I confirmed.

The next email was disputing the fact that Sydney was in the address and that was postcode 2000, not the postcode I had given her.

I kept my temper (just) and explained very carefully that ebay/paypal required me to put the city as well as the suburb but she just needs to cut it out when she enters the address.

Half an hour later back comes another email almost accusing me of trying to scam her...something else was wrong.   I was nearly frantic by this time and just replied could she please manually enter my name, address and postcode as I have confirmed to her as they are correct...they are the only details registered with ebay and paypal and have been correct for the 43 years I have lived here.

Soon after comes the message that broke the camels back....before she could enter my address I needed to correct the street name.  If it was xxxx(i)xxxx I had to alter it as it was coming up as xxxxxxxx...no (i).

I really lost it this time and wrote back very forcefully that the reason it was coming up with no i was because there was no i in my street name....never had been, and could she just address the parcel with the name, address and postcode that I have entered in paypal and have already confirmed twice.

Next thing I get a mutual cancellation notice with the reason that she cannot send to a buyer who will not confirm her address....and another message saying that I am rude and aggressive and she will not send the package without a confirmed address.

I did not agree to the cancellation and reported the whole exchange to ebay....and gave her a negative.

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

I am reluctant to give negs, but I probably would have given one in that case, except that it never would have happened as I would have used (not so) common sense and sent it to your AP acceptable address.

It isn't really hard. If C&S flags an incorrect address, it usually means the city is in the suburb box. So you paste the suburb over the city. Very ocassionally it will be because the street is 100km long and they don't actually live in the suburb they think they do (AP-wise). So you change the suburb and the transaction goes through. That has happened to me in 2 of many hundred C&S transactions and I have yet to get an INR.

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply