Issuing overseas refund

I have been waiting on a SNAD return from the UK, which finally arrived this morning.

After the buyer initiated the return, she made no further contact and did not mark the item as "shipped".

Not only did she not mark it as shipped, but she also sent it with tracking which she did not upload into the system.

She initiated the return on the 1st of June, but did not post it until the 14th.

The problem is that when I go into the resolution centre, because it has not been marked as "shipped", it is still sitting on the first step of the process.

It does give me the option to refund her, but when I click on it, it just shows the price plus the original shipping.

Should I just refund her the amount it is showing to me and close the case?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Issuing overseas refund

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If it is a change of mind return you should not have to refund the original shipping cost.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Issuing overseas refund

Providing a full refund of the original payment is the only way you can close the case yourself once a return has been accepted, even if the buyer had marked as shipped and uploaded the tracking number. (I know there's other circumstances surrounding this particular case, but just wanted to mention that because the request was SNAD, you're technically obliged to provide the return postage as well, but that generally has to be negotiated and provided separately to the eBay case, no matter which way it proceeds - well, unless no return of the original item is required, or the case is found in the seller's favour, anyway). 

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Issuing overseas refund

Thanks,

I have refunded the buyer the amount that Ebay showed to me (original price plus postage). Since the buyer didn't communicate, I could not make a determination in regards to return postage. 

Ebay have closed the case, so unless she comes back to me, that'll be the end of it.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply