It is too complicated and time consuming to try and sell on ebay with this new system.

It was just too complicated to post an item on ebay now with all this create a policy rubbish, took 5 mins on Gumtree. Guess where i'm selling stuff now.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

It is too complicated and time consuming to try and sell on ebay with this new system.

Good Luck!

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

'Ceate a policy' rubbish, what's that?

I have no trouble although a new listing takes me about 1/2 hour + photo time (not with turbo list, haven't used that since it crashed my pc).

I won't sell on Gumtree as I & my friend also had problems with it, as well as strange phone calls after putting our phone number out there.

Gumtree is owned by eBay.

I also list on the Aussie Auction site Q (we're not allowed to mention its name here), but it's having its gremlins like eBay.
Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

@jidion02 wrote:

It was just too complicated to post an item on ebay now with all this create a policy rubbish, took 5 mins on Gumtree. Guess where i'm selling stuff now.

For the time being, you can opt out of the Business Policies, as it has only been implemented on selected accounts for testing etc; however it will roll out to all accounts at some point, after which it will be impossible to opt out.

The purpose is to ultimately save time, though. Once you create a policy, you can apply it to any future listings by selecting it from the dropdown menu. You can create several policies, and set one as the default so that it's pre-loaded to any new listings you create. Also, if you update a policy, it automatically applies to all current listings as well, without having to revise any of them (unless they're auctions with a bid, presumably). It probably isn't all that handy if your postage options change for each item you sell, but for anyone that uses the same postage services, return and payment policies consistently, it's quite handy.

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

I have a default postage policy which comes up for every listing. It's called a Turbolister template. Works for me and I have no intention of creating a policy to duplicate what is already an accurate and easy to use system.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

You won't have a choice, eventually. Or, to be more accurate, your policies will be created for you based on both your past and present postage options used. 

I don't know how they'll be integrated with TL, but presumably it will be much the same (any new postage price / service(s) used will create a new policy that is stored, any template using it will retain it, but any new templates created will need a policy assigned, either by selecting from the stored policies or by creating a new one.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

I certainly hope not. I haven't read anything about postage policies, as I pretty much only use 3, with the odd one-off of 2 others, but I hadn't, before today, heard anything about them becoming mandatory.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

It's taken eBay quite a while since they announced it (pretty sure the announcement was well over a year ago).

But here's the info: http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/business-policies.html

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

I ran out of time to edit, but here's the original announcement, which says it's "optional for now".

http://pages2.ebay.com.au/Hub/May_2012_seller_changes/Making_it_easier_to_sell/Business_policies

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Can't see any mention of it becoming mandatory. Surely that should be seller choice.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply