It is worth trying to get this feedback removed/revised?

Had a buyer who kept making offers below what I was willing to accept on an item. It became annoying, so I changed the listing to a Buy-It-Now. He bought it 10 mins later and has just finished leaving negative feedback.

Comment: Has best offer in listing & then declines offer or ignores it until you pay full

Is it worth trying to get this comment removed? Or revised?

Should I reply and say something to the effect of "Item perfectly as described and arrived in good time"?

Yes, I have already added him to my Blocked list.

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

justa, I suspect they probably bought it just so they could neg you, I'd be getting a callback from CS to try and get it removed - doubtful if the buyer's ever going to revise it.

If eBay won't remove it then put a factual response in there.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 30
Latest reply

It would depend on the mood of the eBay CSO you got, I imagine.

When people become annoying the solution is to block them. If they can't buy, they can't leave revenge feedback.

$6.40 posted? And that's expensive? Definitely no chance of getting them to revise.

Message 3 of 30
Latest reply

Thanks, Dave.

I was considering blocking him earlier on... and I should have. At least I will know for next time.

Agreed, there doesn't seem much point asking for a revision. $6.40 is certainly very cheap (and it was the cheapest on eBay by more than $2 at the time... yet he wanted it cheaper still!).

Message 4 of 30
Latest reply

Thanks, Padi. Looking at this link though...

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/defect-removal.html

...I'm not sure if I have any grounds to get it removed.

It isn't rrreaalllyy a factual comment. Yes, I rejected his first offer and with the second one I was away from the computer so long that it expired, after which point I decided to change it to a Buy-It-Now. However, I don't know if this would be enough grounds for eBay to remove it?

Message 5 of 30
Latest reply

Has feedback just been left before item been posted or received ?

If so, explain that clearly to eBay. Feedback left before item sent, only based on their own bias.

Also check the feedback they have left for others, could be a serial pest.

image host
Message 6 of 30
Latest reply

Very vindictive.

Yes, see if you can get it removed.

If you can't, try putting in what you mentioned but if there's room, also say "Only near offers sought at that price."

On the positive side, as a buyer, if i saw that feedback, it would not turn me off buying, it does not say anything bad about the item or transaction. All it does really is warn other buyers you aren't a push over when it comes to making an offer. If any are thinking of a low ball figure, that may make them revise it up slightly.Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 30
Latest reply

Hiya Kopes.

Feedback was left upon (assumably) receipt of the item, which I posted last week at some point... don't know the day off-hand but it's only 2 days metro to metro with a priority sticker, so mm, assumbaly he has received it and then left the feedback.

I would like to check the user's feedback left for others, but it is private. I wonder why! Smiley Frustrated

Message 8 of 30
Latest reply

Thanks, Springy Zone. That's a good point. I guess it's really not a "negative negative" comment - more of a whinge, but a whinge with a red dot all the same.

I don't know how many characters I have to put in a feedback response, but I would like to say something to the effect of "Arrived promptly, as described. Don't buy if you dislike the price." since I can't work out for the life of me why he would agree to pay $6.40 (with free post) if he thought that was too expensive. Was it really just worth the satisfaction of leaving a red dot??

Message 9 of 30
Latest reply

Hi Guys. Thanks for all the advice so far. One more thought:

Before you leave negative/neutral feedback, you have to tick a box to state that you have tried contacting the seller first.

Is it worth mentioning that he lied when he ticked this box?

The only eBay message communication between us has been a generic email from me stating that the item has been posted (Tuesday the 30th, just checked).

Message 10 of 30
Latest reply