It's cheaper to send my items to New Zealand and Asia than it is to send within Australia.

With Australia Posts new price changes, sending items in large letter now costs $2.00. Which means when I send items to New Zealand or Asia it only costs  $1.85 or $1.95..

LMAO

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

It's cheaper to send my items to New Zealand and Asia than it is to send within Australia.

@ourphonecase wrote:

With Australia Posts new price changes, sending items in large letter now costs $2.00. Which means when I send items to New Zealand or Asia it only costs  $1.85 or $1.95..

LMAO

Wow is it really 

I might think about bulk posting my stuff to Asia then getting someone to post them to Aus from there should save a fortune in postage 😉

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

You are not comparing apples with apples.  Its $1.85 to New Zealand for up to 50 gram letter, and $5 for up to 250 gram.  Compared to $2 for up to 125 grams amd $3 for 250 grams withi Oz

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Never let facts interfere with a need to be seen on the boards.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

@jfmgray wrote:

You are not comparing apples with apples.  Its $1.85 to New Zealand for up to 50 gram letter, and $5 for up to 250 gram.  Compared to $2 for up to 125 grams amd $3 for 250 grams withi Oz

Well since all my items are under 50 grams its going to be cheaper to ship to New Zealand and Asia, than within Australia anyways.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

@ourphonecase wrote:

@jfmgray wrote:

Well since all my items are under 50 grams its going to be cheaper to ship to New Zealand and Asia, than within Australia anyways.

Well that's a different slant on drop-shipping...............................LMFAO

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

It is cheaper, and it is a little bemusing, but there's a couple of factors to consider...

The first has already been mentioned (i.e. different weight limits), but the other is that GST is not charged on overseas postage.

Meaning, when you pay $2.00 for a large letter in Aus, AP's actual charge is around $1.82 and the gov't nabs the rest. 

If GST was charged on the $1.85 letter to NZ, it would cost $2.03 or so. 

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply