Item I sold

Hi I sold an item for $785 and got charged nearly $80 for selling it , also sold a battery for $51 and got charged $14 for selling it does this seem right
Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Item I sold

Read the bit of the site map regarding 'selling', specifically selling fees. It would have been around $78.

Specifically 9.9% FVF, if you don't have a store.

I'm not sure why you got charged $14 for a $51 sale. Unless you haven't provided pertinent information. $51 would attract about $5.50 in FVF. If you posted through eBay using a 500g satchel that would cost $7.15 + 70c FVF, so that's going close. Although you can't consider postage paid through eBay as a charge as such, as you have to pay for postage somewhere.

You are not new, but you seem to have issues with the simple things that your level of experience would expect you to understand.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Item I sold

@davewil1964 wrote:

You are not new, but you seem to have issues with the simple things that your level of experience would expect you to understand.

I would have thought with that level of experience that something as simple as putting the photos the right way up would be a given. It's not hard to hit the rotate button. I skip straight over listings with sideways photos.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Item I sold

eBay - FVF fees (9.9%?) on the total payment received from buyer (item cost & postage cost)

If payment recevied via payal - Paypal fees 30c + 2.4% on totaly payment received.

Sounds about right. How big/heavy was the battery? What were the postage costs to send it?

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Item I sold

The battery was pick-up only so for a total sale amount of $51 ebay's FVF @ 9.9% would be $5.05 and the Paypal fees for the same amount @ 2.4% + $0.30 would be $1.52 for a total of $6.57 which is a far cry from the $14 the OP says he was charged.

Also, his ebay account only shows the item's FVF and not the Paypal fee which is deducted separately by Paypal before the balance is credited to the account. I don't know if the $14 he mentions is the total amount of fees paid, or just those charged by ebay, but either way somebody has definitely got their wires crossed.
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Item I sold

you are using a sub title on nearly every listing but not using up all the space in the item title.

From memory sub titles cost about 1.50 each?

save yr money, forget sub titles use the title space more effectively and put all your photos right way up

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Item I sold

Wondering whether birch has misread the ebay invoice and the $14.00 FVF relates to the guitar which sold for $150.00 just a few minutes before the battery sold.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Item I sold

All item were picked up nothing was posted
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Item I sold

The $14 was charged by eBay as it was pick up only
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Item I sold

Googled another site forum hundreds of ex eBay people, had a bit of a chat will be selling on gumtree from now on , only buying on eBay , no more selling fees are way to high higher than any other selling site , thanks for your help
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply