Item Title can now be changed!

Wow.. good move by eBay.

You can now change the title for listings now (that have had sales against them)

Before you could only change the title if the item had not been sold.

In my main selling account it.. it even suggested 1 listing be modified to help with sales (change wording slightly) thats how I discovered this...

Now to go fix some old listings (titles) that had some small typo's......

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Yes....

And we have noticed too that for listings with multiple variations you can also now add/delete/edit variations.

Used to have to cancel the listing edit and relist to do this. 

So this is a positive move I'd have to say.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Fantastic move !!!

Good for buyers & Sellers Cat Very Happy

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

On My Selling page, I have 316 items for sale and there is a note that I should Update the title to make your listing more competitive for 3 listings. So I have looked at those listings, and cannot see any possible reason to make any changes at all. One is for a skirt which has the title Promises cream floral maxi skirt ~ Size 16 ~ BNWT. What more could I include? The other 2 listings are for bakeware -  Bakers Secret large non-stick cooling rack and Bakers Secret non-stick large cookie pan.

Can anyone suggest why those 3 listings out of over 300 have been selected for special treatment?

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

I just noticed the same thing (1 recommendation out of 250+ listings).

I clicked the link and to the right of the title is a purple 'i' - click the + sign next to that to view eBay's recommendation. Mine just said to add the material selected in the item specifics to the title, so I suspect most of the recommendations would be along similar lines. (eg if you have cotton in the specifics but not the title - a lot of item specifics are keyword-searchable anyway, so it won't necessarily make a difference).

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

hello? really grasping at straws here, but.....

what does maxi mean? Is that the length of the skirt? if not maybe say long/short skirt?

elastic waist?

button closure?

diamonte detailing?

with pockets?

what colour is the floral pattern? (or dominant colour?

Linen skirt?

(I'm just thinking of key words that people might search for....)

cooling rack - maybe the measurements? ie 33cm x 20 cm - maybe suggest another use for it - great for serving hot dishes straight to the table (can't think what they call the th8ings you oput under hot stuff on your bench/table)

maybe even work in baking cooking or cakes???? (how do your competitors list theirs?

cookie pan? is that like a flat tray? a biscuit tray? if so, use some of those key words (cos if I was looking for a baking tray to cook biscuits on, I would never have thought to write cookie pan (and I used to be a chef and still cook a lot) use key words that people are likely to look for. Even though I know what a cookie is, I would have searched for Biscuit tray.... and would have missed your listing completely

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Thanks DG - I didn't realise clicking the + sign would come up with a suggestion (doh!).

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

or if you have a lot of overseas competition, maybe something like In stock In Australia?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

As DG indicated, ebay's suggestions were to include the material/fabric in the title. Which I have now done. Re the 'cookie pan' - I just used the title on the actual item. But I have now included biscuit in the title as well.

I had a chuckle at your suggestion for using the term long instead of maxi. I always used to use long, but since changing to maxi have sold heaps more.

But it does seem odd that out of 50+ skirts listed, ebay wanted me to add fabric to just one (which was rayon in this case). Some of my other skirts include fabric in the title (if I think it important enough) such as linen or cotton, but it seems if there is any hint of a fabric blend, or polyester, then this isn't relevant in the title.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Possibly because polyester blend may make a buyer more inclined to move on, if looking for a certain fabric, but linen, or silk, is more likely to get a view?

being able to edit titles on multivariations is a fantastic move 🙂

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply