Item not received

Having sold a couple of items to the same buyer, she requested combined postage as she was not willing to pay for 2 x 500g satchels. Of course the items were overweight for 1 bag, so I packaged the items together in a bubble wrap bag and saved her all of $3 by posting them this way. My only reservation was that there was no tracking number. I messaged her the day I posted, and the items should have been received the following day or so.

You guessed it, 2 weeks later, she now messages me and tells me she didn't receive the package. I feel like I've been set up.

I have suggested she contact the post office just in case they are holding it for her, and failing that I will refund her costs. Is that the best thing to do? I would rather wear the cost & be rid of her.

Does this happen to others often? I have NEVER had a parcel go missing, and the last lot of listings I had 2 non paying (1 request to deliver the item 60km away), and this lady who made the purchase and then whinged about the cost of pre paid satchels.

Just wondering if I am just unlucky, or is it a trend?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Item not received

tstore
Community Member
All parcels now have automatic tracking. Have a look at your receipt - you will find the lodgement number ie tracking number
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Item not received

AHA thank you. According to the tracking it was delivered. Which I guess means it was "stolen".

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Item not received

If you want to use satchels, anything that will go in 2 x 500g satchels will fit in 1 x 3kg satchel, which is still cheaper than 2 x 500g.

Why shouldn't a buyer want the best postage price possible?

I combine to the best price I can do, without being asked.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Item not received

If you've got the receipt and the tracking show's delivery to her postcode, you should have enough to win a paypal claim.

I would email her with the tracking number XYZ

http://auspost.com.au/track/track.html?id=XYZ 

and ask her to check that the parcel hasn't  been picked up by a neighbour or family member. Tell her that you're happy to initiate a complaint with Australia Post,  if she's still sure that it hasn't been delivered.

Did she make two paypal payments or one?  If she made two payments, you'll only be covered for one of them...

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Item not received

I always get the cheapest postage price I can. She wanted me to stuff it all into 1 500g bag and just pay for that, but the weight was 800g and I couldn't.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Item not received

She made on payment, I have emailed her the tracking number and asked her to check with family & neighbours. I think I will just refund it and put her on my special persons list.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Item not received

If it was an ordinary satchel or parcel with basic tracking that only shows delivery to the nearest mail centre then unless her postcode happens to be the same as that delivery centre you are stuffed as far as Paypal are concerned.

With a 'picky' buyer like that you should always use either click & send with the ebay satchels or pay the extra for signature required, it would have cost you a lot less in the long run.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Item not received

Spot on, you need to prove who/where you sent the item to, not that Aussie post delivered it. Basic tracking is useless against PayPal claims/buyer 'Item not received claims'. Always use registered post, express platinum or clickandsend unless you are willing to refund/send replacement.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply