Item removed due to product recall.

I had an item removed today due to it being in a product recall.  (That being the reason given).  I have emailed customer support as this item is not part of any product recall as it is a handmade item that complies with ACCC guidelines.

How does something like that happen?  Has someone reported the item?  Does anything happen to people who report items falsely?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

It could be ebay call it recall as it's no longer allowable.

I am guessing either some materials used inside products or maybe a product is not child proofed enough anymore.

I'd wait to hear from ebay, or contact live help.

image host
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks for the responses.  CS has responded and has instated the item and said it was removed in error.  I would be interested to know if it was complaint based and what happens if your found to be reporting items incorrectly.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

oops reinstated.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

In this case I think it is ebay that has incorrectly identified your product, based on the helpful link eloi supplied. A lot of dummies.

Seriously, ebay most likely red flag any false reporting, then should there be multiples from the same account, action is probably taken from warnings to limitations.

image host
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply