Item specifics

oes anyone else hate this feature.  The specifics required are generally used in my listing heading.  Model details are frequently missing from the drop down menu despite being included in my listing heading.  The specifics required generally duplicate my listing information but this ins not picked up resulting in dupliaction.  The whole process is a total pain.  A real turn off.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Item specifics

Why don't you just use the dropdown button and select "does not apply"

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Item specifics

I get this message on a monthly basis.

I've been selling for over 6 years now and these messages used to do my head in.

I don't know how much time I spent trying to find the missing information, only to realise the information was already there!

I just ignore the messages now. I know every bit of information is given on my listings.

I feel it is just an automated message sent to many people regardless of how great their listings are, including sellers who have around for many years longer than me.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Item specifics

Adding item specifics has definitely helped increase my sales, but I do agree, the system is kinda broken.

I spent 2 days of my life last year updating all of my several hundred listings, but I still get messages that some item specifics are missing. Sigh...

I do find that on some listings, all the information required is there when you look at a listing, BUT, when you open the listing it comes up and says to fill in the info for the item specifics. It's like the system has a regular brain meltdown.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Item specifics

@twyngwyn wrote:
https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2020/8/1596486451.html

'eBay Sellers Say Their Listings Are Mysteriously Changing' ^^

If you're going to link to external articles, at least include the title so people can decide if it's worth clicking through to.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply