Items auto relisted and charged $1.65 ea

Have I missed something ??

I've just noticed eBay have auto relisted my items and charged $1.65 each and nowhere that I remember did I say ok. 

Especially as I could have relisted yesterday with the 40 free listings ...

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

With eBay's change to listing durations, in that all fixed-price listings are now Good 'Til Cancelled, the way in which those listings automatically renew (and the fees involved) has also changed.

In order NOT to be charged listing fees for a fixed-price listing that relists, you must

1. not have an eBay store, and
  2. use the quick listing tool when you list the item.

- Free listings

Automatically relisted or renewed items may be counted towards your monthly free listings; it depends on the listing format, which listing format you used and whether you're selling on eBay as a business.❞

- Selling fees without an eBay store

Auction-style listings may be automatically relisted up to eight times if they don't sell. Insertion and feature fees are only charged for the original listing for non-business sellers. Automatic relisting is available in most categories, but there are some exclusions – see our category pricing list (PDF) for full details.

Fixed price listings are "Good 'Til Cancelled" – they renew automatically every month unless all of the items sell, you end the listing, or the listing violates an eBay policy.

• If you create the listing using the quick listing tool, listing and feature fees are only charged once.
  • If you create the listing using the advanced listing form, listing and feature fees are charged for the original listing and once per month after that.❞

- eBay stores selling fees

❝Once you've used up your free listings, [Basic Store - up to 600 listings; Featured Store - up to 1,500 listings; Anchor Store - up to 250,000) or if an item doesn't qualify for a free listing, we'll charge a non-refundable insertion fee whenever you list an item on eBay.

• Auction-style listings may be automatically relisted up to eight times if they don't sell, with insertion and feature fees charged each time. Automatic relisting is available in most categories, but there are some exclusions – see our category pricing list (PDF) for full details.
  • Fixed price listings are "Good 'Til Cancelled" – they renew automatically once per month unless all of the items sell, you end the listing, or the listing violates an eBay policy.
    • Insertion fees and feature fees are charged once per month.❞

Relisting items page

Fixed price listings

• Fixed price listings are set to Good 'Til Cancelled duration by default – they renew automatically once per month. This means your item will be listed on eBay until it sells, you end the listing, or the listing violates an eBay policy.
  • An insertion fee applies (or it counts as a free listing😞
    • For the original listing
    • For each monthly renewal, if you have an eBay Store or you listed the item using the advanced listing form.

[...]

How to remove automatic relisting from auction-style listings

Quick listing tool

If you used the quick listing tool to list your item, you'll need to end your listing if you don't want to relist it.

If you want to control whether your item will be relisted automatically or not, use the advanced listing form when creating new listings.

Advanced listing form

1. Find your item in Active listings.
  2. Select the drop-down arrow beside your item and then Revise.
  3. Clear the box beside Automatically relist this item up to 8 times if it doesn't sell.
  4. Save your changes.

Seller Hub

1. Find the Active listing.
  2. Tick the box beside the listing.
  3. From Actions, select Remove Automation rules
  4. Select No rule.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Thank you countess for the indepth clarification 🙂

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

You said okay when you agreed to list BIN items using GTC (the only option). When they rollover they either use free allocations, of which you should have had 40 starting today, or incur a fee.

Most people also got unlimited free listings from 28-30 June.

GTC has been in effect since February, so it's not really new anymore.

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

With eBay's change to listing durations, in that all fixed-price listings are now Good 'Til Cancelled, the way in which those listings automatically renew (and the fees involved) has also changed.

In order NOT to be charged listing fees for a fixed-price listing that relists, you must

1. not have an eBay store, and
  2. use the quick listing tool when you list the item.

- Free listings

Automatically relisted or renewed items may be counted towards your monthly free listings; it depends on the listing format, which listing format you used and whether you're selling on eBay as a business.❞

- Selling fees without an eBay store

Auction-style listings may be automatically relisted up to eight times if they don't sell. Insertion and feature fees are only charged for the original listing for non-business sellers. Automatic relisting is available in most categories, but there are some exclusions – see our category pricing list (PDF) for full details.

Fixed price listings are "Good 'Til Cancelled" – they renew automatically every month unless all of the items sell, you end the listing, or the listing violates an eBay policy.

• If you create the listing using the quick listing tool, listing and feature fees are only charged once.
  • If you create the listing using the advanced listing form, listing and feature fees are charged for the original listing and once per month after that.❞

- eBay stores selling fees

❝Once you've used up your free listings, [Basic Store - up to 600 listings; Featured Store - up to 1,500 listings; Anchor Store - up to 250,000) or if an item doesn't qualify for a free listing, we'll charge a non-refundable insertion fee whenever you list an item on eBay.

• Auction-style listings may be automatically relisted up to eight times if they don't sell, with insertion and feature fees charged each time. Automatic relisting is available in most categories, but there are some exclusions – see our category pricing list (PDF) for full details.
  • Fixed price listings are "Good 'Til Cancelled" – they renew automatically once per month unless all of the items sell, you end the listing, or the listing violates an eBay policy.
    • Insertion fees and feature fees are charged once per month.❞

Relisting items page

Fixed price listings

• Fixed price listings are set to Good 'Til Cancelled duration by default – they renew automatically once per month. This means your item will be listed on eBay until it sells, you end the listing, or the listing violates an eBay policy.
  • An insertion fee applies (or it counts as a free listing😞
    • For the original listing
    • For each monthly renewal, if you have an eBay Store or you listed the item using the advanced listing form.

[...]

How to remove automatic relisting from auction-style listings

Quick listing tool

If you used the quick listing tool to list your item, you'll need to end your listing if you don't want to relist it.

If you want to control whether your item will be relisted automatically or not, use the advanced listing form when creating new listings.

Advanced listing form

1. Find your item in Active listings.
  2. Select the drop-down arrow beside your item and then Revise.
  3. Clear the box beside Automatically relist this item up to 8 times if it doesn't sell.
  4. Save your changes.

Seller Hub

1. Find the Active listing.
  2. Tick the box beside the listing.
  3. From Actions, select Remove Automation rules
  4. Select No rule.

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Thank you countess for the indepth clarification 🙂

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

Thank you davewill 🙂

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

countessalmirena - thanks for your explanation, but when I clicked on the link for the quick listing tool it appears the same as the advanced listing tool.  I then went in to help to search for it on it's own and got the same page format.  I would love to be able to have GTC using quick listing without incurring monthly fees, but can't see any difference between the two tools. (using firefox - does that make any difference?)

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:

Could someone just clarify this for me: it may be a stupid question, but I'm confused.

This excerpt states that using the quick listing tool 'listing and feature fees are only charged once'. However if I create a listing using the quick listing tool, the form states Each time a listing renews and whenever an item sells, you'll be charged applicable fees. Does 'listing and feature fees' mean something other than insertion fees?

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

Sorry, this question seems to be similar to the one above it, which for some reason I didn't see. I'm unable to edit my previous post.

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

Hmm...

When you click onto https://bulksell.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SingleList&sellingMode=AddItem, do you have a link at the top right which says Switch to Quick listing tool? That might be the issue...

You should be able to access the Advanced Listing Tool from the Seller Hub.

From Using the advanced listing tool:

❝You can find the advanced listing form in My eBay or Seller Hub.

If you're new to selling, or you just sell occasionally, use our quick listing tool to create your listing in just a few minutes.

If you want to see more options in the quick listing tool, such as quantity, reserve price, duration and schedule listing, here's how to enable them:

1. At the top of the listing form, select Change listing preferences.
  2. Tick the Enable more options box and Save.
  3. Select More options to view your additional listing options. 

If you still find you need more listing options, use the Switch to advanced tool link at the top of the listing page.❞

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

@lupercal,

I hope one of the sellers here weighs in on this. I can only say that the Selling fees without an eBay store page definitely states that the listing fee (aka insertion fee) is only charged once if you create the listing using the quick listing tool. The same goes for any feature fees (subtitle, second category, etc.) if you choose to have them; you'd be charged for those features once.

I can see the text to which you referred. It appears to me to be general text that is non-specified. By saying "you'll be charged applicable fees", it applies to anyone. For a non-store seller who hasn't used up all of his/her free listings, the applicable listing fee will be $0. If that seller uses a second category, there will be a fee ($1.65...?) If the seller uses a subtitle, that's $4.40.The applicable FVF would be ... well, whatever the applicable FVF is for the item. (And if there's a promotion for FVFs to be $3 - or (who knows?) $1, then the FVF would be as defined under that promotion.)

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply