Just got stung by MBG - my first time

08 Jan - Buyer buys item

09 Jan - I message him about incomplete address

30 Jan - Buyer opens case and admits error, supplies new address in case details

06 Feb - Item is sent and I mark it as posted

12 Feb - Buyer repeats correct address and says they still want it

12 Feb - Case is closed and ruled in buyer's favour - full refund including postage given back

Item is still in transit to WA - always a delay of a week or more from the eastern states.

I've opened an appeal, but this is just ridiculous.  I've been dreading the day this unfair system was going to hit me.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

You have to wonder about the people running the show; do they understand the issues explained, is english their first language and do they give a **bleep**?

Unfortunately these boards are also educating scumbags how to rip off sellers.

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

tp, I'm assuming a scan of the tracking no. or postal receipt with article id no. dated was of no use in your case?

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

no it's not. Yesterday Ebay gave on of my buyer's $83 of my money back because the Aust Post website says that the item is still in transit. Even though the Aust Post website clearly has a customer enquiry lodged against the tracking number, Ebay gave her $83 of my money back, just like that. What happens when the Ausr Post website then says delivered - it is a sign for article - will the buyer send it back to me or pay for it? doubt it - she was the type to esculate a case and not wait, so she gets the goods and her $83 back.
Don't mind saying that I hate Ebay with a passion and would move to a new platform in a heart beat if there was one.
Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

I notice alot of fishermen come here to these boards to ask stupid questions and some members can't help but jump in with the details on how to blah blah, i just sit and watch in amusement. Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Agree.

Its a rock and a hard place sometimes though.

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

30 Jan - Buyer opens case and admits error, supplies new address in case details

06 Feb - Item is sent and I mark it as posted

Given that a case was open, the item should probably have been posted within a day or so of getting the correct address...  

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

under ebays system you are better to say no and not help at all, help the customer real good.....

I have no problem helping customers but under ebays rule well.....I will...Yes Sir....

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

I opened an appeal yesterday and shown them the tracking number.  I am waiting to hear back about it.

The case was opened on a Friday and I didn't notice it until later after I had been to the post office that day.  eBay doesn't send emails about it for some reason (pretty important, I would think),.  It just shows up in your messages list.  I wasn't able to go to the PO until the following Tuesday.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Your vintage items would qualify for sale on Etsy.  Are you listed there?  No fees on postage, 3.4% fvf.  Option of Direct Checkout which means no Paypal.  You can choose which country you sell to.  Amazing statistical info on tap.  And a lot less stressful.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply