Just wondering how buyer could buy and pay for item for less than listed.?

my item listed $14.95 yet buyers paid $10 thru PayPal n I got notifications to post item yet is not amount item listed for...

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

The last item I can see as sold in your history appears to have been listed at $14.99 with Best Offer. The original price of $14.99 has a strike through it, which indicates that the item was sold at a lower (offer) price.

Sometimes items seem to relist with the Best Offer feature automatically ticked, but the way it usually works is that you get an email notification saying you have an offer and get the option to accept or decline it, unless you have set up some auto-accept and decline amounts (eg you can set it up to automatically accept offers of $10 or more). If none of that happened (i.e. you didn't implement Best Offer, didn't get email notifications, and/or didn't set up auto-accept or decline amounts), it might be best to give eBay a call directly via the Help & Contact link at the top. 

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply, nobody replied from eBay so I just cancelled the sale

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

DId you ring ebay?

At the best of times trying to contact them via email is not very satisfactory but at this time of the year it would be nearly impossible.

If the buyer paid the lower amount in good faith then you may have set yourself up for negative feedback by cancelling the transaction.

Better to have sorted it out properly than just cancel.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply