Late shipment rate

Hi there, can someone explain the LATE SHIPMENT RATE details please? I looked on the help centre but tells very little. I have a late shipment rate of 56%? what does that mean. I ship same day or next and have only missed one due to buyer not providing proper address and waiting for email confirmation. If it is not delivered by scheduled" day that is a touch unfair given Austrlia Posts poor record of meeting expected time delivery days. Many thanks in advance. Dave

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Late shipment rate

It happens if the tracking shows delivery after eBay's ETA, or if the buyer says it arrived after the ETA when they leave feedback.

If any tracked packages show lodgement within your handling time, you should be able to get ebay to remove those ones, but not if they were untracked unfortunately.

Many sellers will add an extra day or two to their handling time to help avoid late shipments, even though posting same or next day, so that may be an option for you to consider even if just until the rate gets brought back up on your account.
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Late shipment rate

Thanks for the reply and advice, much apprecaited. Cheers, Dave

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Late shipment rate

Always check ebays ETA  I sold  an item on the  Sat 5th May with 5 days handling which meant last posting day Friday 11th     Ebays ETA was Friday  11th - Monday 14th Impossible from country NSW to Country Queensland  Didn't  want to take a chance on late shipment defect so made a  special 110k round trip to the P.O. to send straight away. THanks Ebay.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Late shipment rate

Hi Milly, I am also in regional NSW with a 5 day handling time. When you see the handling time in your listings, they are to your own postcode, because you are looking at the listing from your location. If you change your postcode in the postage tab of your listing, you'll see a more reasonable ETA. I got caught like that in my early days of extending my handling time to 5 days. 

I had a buyer in WA (I'm in NSW) and the ETA was the same day of sale to 5 days after. That was with a 5 day handling time. I couldn't work out how that could be so. I changed the postcode under the postage tab to the buyers postcode and it was something like 19 days, instead of the same or next day afer payment. It had taken into account my 5 day handling time, plus genuine transit time. 9 times out of 10 the item arrives well before the estimate, which is why I have a 5 day handling time and still post same or next day after payment.

You probably didn't need to make the 110km round trip. That's why we have extended handling times!

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Late shipment rate

Hi Tippy Toes, I am fairly new to all this, so excuse any obvious questions. Could you just explain in further detail about how you resolved the late shipping situation.

Im a bit confused about how you went about changing your postcode. Do you do it in the sellers dashboard - if so, do you have to change the postcode for each sale that you get from different buyers location.

Just struggling to see where you can even do that. Regards Michael

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply