Listing items is very, very annoying

Hi all, just a few frivolous vents.

1) When using the 'Relist' function from unsold items, apart from having to un-check the 'Best Offer' box each time, I just noticed it resets the handling time to 1 day regardless of what it was on the original listing you're supposed to be 'relisting'. Grrr. Now I need to go back and check what else they've automatically changed I guess?

2) It keeps suggesting I re-price $5 books at 'below AU $66.00'. Apparently similar books have sold between AU $39.95 - $79.99. Um, no, no they haven't ebay. I don't know what they're confusing here.

3) Every item I list automatically has 3 views. Instantly. How is that possible? There weren't 3 watchers on each item previously, these items aren't popular...what/how/huh?

Is it always like this & is it best not to think to deeply about it? Some of the glitchiness does my head in 🙂

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

The 3 views instantly can be if members have saved it as a search and notified when one is listed.

In other words they are sent an email as soon as an item in a saved search is listed and it counts as 1 view.

So 3 people may have it saved as a search.

image host
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

1 view can also be the eBay bots scanning it. I think another view can be if you edit to make changes (even if no changes are made), instead of just straight out relisting.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

If you do bulk relists you don't have to untick Best Offer.  Using bulk relisting also means that if your listings previously had auto-relist ticked (for the three extra cycles), the new ones will also have.  If they didn't have it ticked before, they won't have it in the new listings either.

I know it doesn't always suit to bulk relist, but it comes in handy for some things.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply