Listing

Ebay can be soooo frustrating. I tried to resolve the problem with help on chat line which took so long I had to give up.

I tried to list  bone china trio plus extra cup and saucer. The trio is new, but, I found a small chip on the underside of the saucer of the extra. Therefore I decided I should list the trio as new and the extra cup and saucer as used.  In the condition section I chose NEW-OTHER (see details) . 

I thought that would be appropriate. But, It was rejected. A Red sign saying there was something wrong with condition and description. So, I tried again by saying NEW for the trio, then explaining the chip in the description extra saucer as used. NO GOOD. Apparently the word "used" in description affects the "new" in condition. So, what is NEW-OTHER (see details)?

We have to work hard for the meagre amount that's left after EBay takes out their fees including post cost. 

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Listing

You can’t list a chipped saucer under a “new” item listing.

As a buyer, I would be confused and possibly annoyed by such a listing.

Either list the new items separately, or list the lot as used, using the description to wax rhapsodic about the condition of the unchipped items while clearly pointing out the chip in the relevant saucer (words as well as photos).

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Listing

Really a chipped item, and you are listing it as new,  one negative feedback on its way.  

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Listing

You are not the retailer. As such, as soon as an item is in your possession, the best you can claim is 'as new', which any flaws preclude.

Your item condition needs to be the condition of the lowest grading of what you are selling.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Listing

Could you list the trio and spare cup as "as new" and describe them as in "excellent condition" and offer the chipped saucer as a freebie?

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply