Message attachments are not working or it is just me?

Hi guys,

For the last two days I cannot attach any image to a message. After I select an image from my Win 7 laptop using Chrome nothing happens, No small window shown with the image uploading and nothing seems to be attached. I have also tried IE but results are the same.

When it started to happen(two days ago) I hoped somebody reported it to eBay already and I was going to try it next day. The next day(yesterday) and it was the same. I called eBay and reported it as broken and I was told  it is going to be fixed within a couple of hours. More than 16 hours passed since then and nothing fixed. Which is probably what everyone could expect from eBay.

However before I call them again(I really hate to waste my time on calling them) can please somebody confrim it is actually broken. As I mention above  I have tried at least two browsers with no result but it was working in Chrome just three days ago. And I use it everyday fro the past few years. So I hope there is nothing wrong with my laptop and it is eBay who has made it not working.

This is too critical for me as my customers are waiting for a proof and that's the only way for me to send a proof to them. Without it being in a working order I am loosing these customers as they cannot wait for days for eBay to fix something.

Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Must be just you as I just sent a pic to a customer no problems (win 10 chrome browser) . What sort of file are you trying to send. If its not picture format (jpg, gif etc) then I dont think you can send.

Hope you get it sorted

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

@stickerswa wrote:

Must be just you as I just sent a pic to a customer no problems (win 10 chrome browser) . What sort of file are you trying to send. If its not picture format (jpg, gif etc) then I dont think you can send.

Hope you get it sorted

It is just a jpeg 203kb in size but that what I have been always sending to my customers. Sent 100s of them over a few years. 

I have just tried again, still the same.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

send it via your EMAIL copy
Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:
send it via your EMAIL copy

Can you please explain what you mean. If you mean replying to a buyer message through email software I have never seen it working that way. It will go to ebay anyway as a reply email address is an ebay address and techically it should just bounce back.

However I have not tried to reply this way for years and may be something changed since then.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

Try replying from email.

Sure it will go to eBay but sometimes entering from a different point can bypass a glitch if there is one.

I have also eperienced this issue if there are no prior messages sent.

Only get the attachment option if replying to a message.

image host
Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Try replying from email.

Sure it will go to eBay but sometimes entering from a different point can bypass a glitch if there is one.

I have also eperienced this issue if there are no prior messages sent.

Only get the attachment option if replying to a message.

I have three buyers waiting for a proof. All of them sent me at least two messages before.

I have just tried to reply to one buyer message directly  from gmail. I hope it will work that way.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

It has not worked. My buyer has received my message but not the image.
Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

If you send it via email you're just as likely to be accused of trying to sell privately and avoid fees so no way would I recommend that.

Can't you upload the picture to the listing and get the potential buyer to save the picture so you can delete it from the listing again?

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

@tangledstitches wrote:

If you send it via email you're just as likely to be accused of trying to sell privately and avoid fees so no way would I recommend that.

Can't you upload the picture to the listing and get the potential buyer to save the picture so you can delete it from the listing again?

It is an option but it is time consuming vs sending as an attachment. If I have to do it that way I will have to increase my quote for each order and that's not my preffered option at this point.

I have just tried my desktop and I can attach an image from there. Why it has stopped working on my laptop is a mistery.  I have not installed any updates and it is like 2014 model while desktop is 2008 model.

I have a problem with vdeo card(its cooling) on the laptop but what it has anything to do with attaching an image.

I will try to attach an image to this message and see if it works.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply