Monthly account summary

Hi guys,

I am so confused about the new monthy account summary!

I do my accounts each month so I know where I stand with my profits and losses. I am now signed up to manage funds, and the invoice (format) has totally changed.

I know ebay calculates monthly sales, and then fees, but I do it the old fashioned way on a spread sheet

I calculate the sale of the goods, ebay fees, postage, then postage fees, paypal fees, and then if there is any refunds such as postage overcharges etc so I can deduct all the fees from the sale of the item. 

Now with the new invoice, there is no postage costs, hence the fees associated with postage, therefore I can't total up the paypal fees. 

On my invoice now, there is a "per order fixed fee"  which gives me a final value fee, and then a final amount cost, with a final value  fee.  Then an Item subtotal fee.  ( I have no idea what the per order fixed fee is?)

I would like to know how others are doing there monthly "sales-losses" calculations?

Any help would be grately appreciated!

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Monthly account summary

eBay's FVF with managed payments includes the payment processing fee since there are no PayPal fees once you switch over, but the flagfall (30c per payment, listed as "standard order level fixed") is listed separately.

My method is to tally the daily sales figure, enter that into my books, then at the end of each quarter I download a report from eBay and tally all the fees from that, but your method should still be good,  now you really only need to enter order totals including postage and apply the FVF to that, plus the 30c fee.  (If you are not GST registered, you'd want the GST-inclusive FVF - there was a list of them available somewhere a while back but I can't currently find it, if I do, I'll post it up here). 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Monthly account summary

eBay's FVF with managed payments includes the payment processing fee since there are no PayPal fees once you switch over, but the flagfall (30c per payment, listed as "standard order level fixed") is listed separately.

My method is to tally the daily sales figure, enter that into my books, then at the end of each quarter I download a report from eBay and tally all the fees from that, but your method should still be good,  now you really only need to enter order totals including postage and apply the FVF to that, plus the 30c fee.  (If you are not GST registered, you'd want the GST-inclusive FVF - there was a list of them available somewhere a while back but I can't currently find it, if I do, I'll post it up here). 

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Monthly account summary

Thanks Dig,

I totally forgot about ebay not using paypal!

It's just a pain that they item and postage is not itemised independantly.  I have  found a short term method printing my  paid and posted items for the month,  and minusing the sold item from total cost (item +postage).

Thank you for your advice 🙂

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Monthly account summary

In seller Hub, I use Performance & Sales for each month.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Monthly account summary

I too am thoroughly confused & feel I am being ripped off. I sold an item for $30 + $12.50 postage. Bought the shipping through ebay for $12.50 then was paid out $24. EBay kept $6 & to my little brain that is 20%, another item I sold for $75 & eBay kept $12 so roughly 16%.

We are being robbed & it simply is no longer worth it. This new system is so confusing & I'm guessing that is an intentional ploy by eBay.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Monthly account summary

Read through the post by digital*ghost as she has outlined charges.

If you feel you have been over charged you can contact eBay on Live Chat and see if they can help you

Good Luck with it

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply