Monthly selling limits... Um, the obvious question ;)

Hello...

I'm in Sydney, Australia... it is 4.15pm AEST right now, 1st July, so, I was curious, when do my monthly limits actually start again for me to get listing some more?
Clearly, the obvious answer is at the start of each month... and well, here we are... mine still say I have nothing available, wait til next month?

Cheers

Michelle

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Your current listings would count towards your selling limits, so you don't actually get extra when the month ticks over I'm afraid (otherwise, people could list 100 on one day, and another 100 the next over the last  / first days of a month, which would undermine the point of selling limits).

Plus, while I'm not 100% sure because some sellers have reported differently, just from my own experience, on the odd occasion I sell items on this account, my limits are reduced for 30-odd days (that is, the limits weren't applied to me on a calendar-month basis, but a 30-day basis from when the item was listed / sold). 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Your current listings would count towards your selling limits, so you don't actually get extra when the month ticks over I'm afraid (otherwise, people could list 100 on one day, and another 100 the next over the last  / first days of a month, which would undermine the point of selling limits).

Plus, while I'm not 100% sure because some sellers have reported differently, just from my own experience, on the odd occasion I sell items on this account, my limits are reduced for 30-odd days (that is, the limits weren't applied to me on a calendar-month basis, but a 30-day basis from when the item was listed / sold). 

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Thank you for your reply.

I spoke to a "human" at eBay and could have sworn that was how it worked, BUT, haha, I guess it just makes sense I have a set amount for now... Bugger! I just need to have some of the buyers I have had leave feedback, and I think I will be eligible for more.

Like I said, thanks for your response, to clearly, my silly question!

Have a great day!

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

OHHHH... very very cool though... the 100 items I sold last month, just now got wiped and that got added to my available listings for this month.... ok... now, that is better ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply