More combined invoice issues....

Someone bought 2 of my items and I am trying to send them a revised invoice for a postage discount but according to eBay:

We can't process your request due to one of the following reasons:

Buyer has already paid for this invoice.

The item is no longer available for checkout after 30 days since last created.

........The buyer has not paid. Under 'Selling Reminders' it states that I am awaiting payment for 2 items. When I try to send an invoice I can't for the reasons listed above.

What's going on here?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You may have to ring CS and ask them whether or not the feature has been discontinued.

It could be a glitch but who knows?

You could also contact the buyer and ask them to request an invoice to see if they cn access the feature from their cart.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

If the buyer has gone through checkout you can’t send them an invoice. Normally “awaiting payment” pops up when the buyer has already completed checkout and selected bank deposit as their payment option. If this is the case you can’t send a revised invoice at this stage because eBay won’t allow it.
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I have the same issue. Until very recently I could send a revised invoice irrespective of whether the buyer had already paid. Note; the most which could be revised was equal to the postage amount. The Ebay rep I spoke to swore black and blue the function never existed. 

I often need to do this as despite my having a flatrate policy (irrespective of the number of products purchased), Ebay adds postage for each item on a seemingly random basis. I would revised the invoice and refund the excess postage. Now I can't even revise the postage so have to cop fees on the amounts I have refunded.

The flatrate issue has been raised a few times and settings fiddled with by Ebay reps over the last couple of years. Nothing seems to work and the issue has been "escalated" but it's unknown when it will be fixed. In the meantime I get feedback that orders are abandoned due to my excessive postage.

The other solution proposed is for me to contact Ebay each time for them to manually adjust the customer invoice, and then manually place a credit against my Ebay account for the excess fees. The problem is everytime I need to deal with a rep who swears it's not possible and I need to escalate to someone who does. That's at least 40min's to a couple of hours of my time each time to get something like 80 cents to a couple of dollars refunded.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

You must be the only one in the history of eBay, as it's never been possible to send a revised invoice after payment. It seems a bit pointless to be able to because you still have to refund the excess and ring eBay if you want the fees refunded.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

It's always been possible to amend invoices. Looking further I've found the change occurred when the "Order details" replaced the clickable "Sales Record" record number. Below is an example of an amended invoice from September containing a refund (after payment) due to the postage issue.

Capture.PNG

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply