My active listing has views even though add isnt showing up

Ive tried to list my item several times over the days and it always says its active but dosnt show up. Its showing views even though its not on there. Ive never had an issue before, my listing are always up within 5mins.
Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

what is the item number?
Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

ok, nothing to see as yet. You must have been lucky listing previously, for items to 'go live' within 5 minutes....sometimes it takes up to 24 hours.

The fact that you have 'views' is not surprising as you also get 'views' from the bots......it is not foolproof
Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Oh realy wow i didnt realise that. Im a new seller and sold 18 items so far and theyve all listed within 5 minutes no later so i assumed thats how it always works.
Thanks for explaining that and also about bot views
Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

I think when views comes up immediately, it is because others have an item as a saved search.

So the automated system immediately knows 5 people (for example) will be emailed and records it as views.

Even though the listing may not have gone live.

image host
Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Thanks for that.
Why does ebay send an email a few minutes after listing to say its live? Why not say pending?
Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

I get what it says but even still ot seems a bit odd considering i just posted another add and it took only 2 minutes to show up.
Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

I think some categories need to be vetted first (no pun intended) and if it's the taxy bunny then that could be why.

Or simply that you have listed many in this special rules category over the last month or so and now it's being checked first.

Edit - yes I saw that hence my addendum.

image host
Message 10 of 17
Latest reply