My site keeps saying put in a condition description, I thought I had,so wheres it done?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

My site keeps saying put in a condition description, I thought I had,so wheres it done?

When you select the condition of the item you're selling, unless it's brand new, no defects, the condition description field become available (it's greyed out - just under the condtion dropdown menu - if you select a brand new condition, and then is white and can be typed in if you select used, new without tags etc). This is specifically for the key points about the item condition and can not contain any other information (max. 1000 characters, so it's meant to be a summary with further and more detailed information to go in the normal description section).

On the listing, it appears at the top, where the price, postage and seller information is, and also in the item specifics.

You can edit the listings to add the condition description in bulk using Selling Manager, or one by one by revising the listing (as far as I know, including the condition description is not mandatory, but I find the notices like that annoying Smiley LOL ).

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

When you select the condition of the item you're selling, unless it's brand new, no defects, the condition description field become available (it's greyed out - just under the condtion dropdown menu - if you select a brand new condition, and then is white and can be typed in if you select used, new without tags etc). This is specifically for the key points about the item condition and can not contain any other information (max. 1000 characters, so it's meant to be a summary with further and more detailed information to go in the normal description section).

On the listing, it appears at the top, where the price, postage and seller information is, and also in the item specifics.

You can edit the listings to add the condition description in bulk using Selling Manager, or one by one by revising the listing (as far as I know, including the condition description is not mandatory, but I find the notices like that annoying Smiley LOL ).

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

I'm putting it in my new listings, but no way am I going to edit the 900+ listings that don't.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Being new to Ebay and computers it is a gradual process, almost trial and error.  Thank you very much for your answer I will try and remember when I next list.  I did try to find the 'post' with the question but couldnt remember which area I had made the

request in.   So thanks once again, it is good to know you are so willing to help. I am sure there will be more questions. Have a nice evening.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply