NEW postage label interface problem

This seems to be new today (for me, anyway) - the interface for printing postage labels has changed and introduces an error.

I selected CUSTOM package size, inserted the weight and dimensions, and the postage cost appeared, ready to create the label. However, below the custom box is a list of flat rate satchels offered by Auspost, with the 500g satchel preselected (and I can't unselect it). 

This package is custom NOT a satchel. The postage label also says "500g satchel" on it. It used to say "Own packaging" or something. I presume the postage cost is the same as this is under 500g (which wouldn't be the case if the package was >500g but I haven't tested it yet), but for some reason it charged me $7.55 instead of $7.95 (is this a special offer or has Auspost lowered its rates??).

Hopefully Auspost won't query it when I hand it over the counter but it's disconcerting to have the wrong thing on a prepaid label.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I have the new postage page on one account and went through the different options and everything seams to work. If I select CUSTOM there is no 500g satchel option and if I select AUSPOST PACKAGING there is no where to add parcel dimensions. Not sure how you got the different results.

Try using a different browser if you have one and see if that makes a difference.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Ugh, I guess it's just not working right for me. I mistakenly selected Auspost packaging to start with, and those options appeared. After that, they wouldn't disappear after I selected custom, put in the dimensions and clicked update... so I didn't realise they were supposed to. I think it's some sort of refresh bug.

Just tried it again on a new order and this time, once I plugged in the dimensions the flat rate satchels did disappear and it says Parcel Post and the cost is $7.95... So I'm going to predict Auspost won't like my $7.55 parcel when I hand it over.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

As it does not mention the price and I doubt they will look at the wording for satchel so I think you will be fine. I always post satchels as my own packaging due to it being cheaper when using MYPost and I figure once I purchased them technically they are my own packaging. 

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Decided not to risk it... I canceled the label and made another.

I've had three different experiences/errors? so far today in using this new interface! Different each time.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply