New Cancellation Process Problem

I had a new buyer buy two identical items.

One they paid for and the other remained on the awaiting shipment list.

Then we get a message from the buyer that says they made a mistake with the 2nd item could we please cancel it.

No worries I thought....

First time I've used this new process so I chose the option the buyer requested the cancellation OR there is a problem with the address.

Sent a message to the buyer letting them know they would have to agree.

Short time later I get a message from ebay saying the transaction has been cancelled and I don't need to do any more. So the buyer must have agreed I assume.

But... this item is still sitting on my awaiting payment list with the status showing as cancelled. The little red envelope symbol. Been like this for two days now.

What do I have to do to get this dumfounded process to complete cleanly and remove this item from my list?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

The new system is a bit strange.  For buyer requested cancellations, I think it automatically cancels the transaction after a couple of hours from the seller sending the request and without the buyer having to agree (or at least that is my experience).  And it no longer disapears from the Awaiting Payment list.  I archive the listing to get them out of awaiting payment.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

ive had the same problem. something else that no longer works properly . I would check invoices form ebay are correct. in my case the buyer was fed up with ebay called me up and purchased direct of their own choice as they had cancelled and the invoice was stupidly still including cancelled items. I suggest making a cup of tea!

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

it's pretty safe you can delete it then. I think C & S said it will stay there for 10 days.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Clarry, you need to get the buyer to check that it's not still sitting in their cart.

That happened to me, Cancellation confirmation came back fro ebay, 

but suddenly it was paid for.

It was sitting in her cart along with a few other things, when she paid for them altogether.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I can see in my account that the FVF fee for the transaction has been credited so that would indicate the cancellation process is complete.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

The new system is a bit strange.  For buyer requested cancellations, I think it automatically cancels the transaction after a couple of hours from the seller sending the request and without the buyer having to agree (or at least that is my experience).  And it no longer disapears from the Awaiting Payment list.  I archive the listing to get them out of awaiting payment.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Did you get the cancellation notice saying it had been cancelled if not I would wait, otherwise delete

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Yes I received the notice from ebay saying it was cancelled and I don't need to do anything more.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

ive had the same problem. something else that no longer works properly . I would check invoices form ebay are correct. in my case the buyer was fed up with ebay called me up and purchased direct of their own choice as they had cancelled and the invoice was stupidly still including cancelled items. I suggest making a cup of tea!

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

it's pretty safe you can delete it then. I think C & S said it will stay there for 10 days.
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Why6 not just archive it if you don't want to look at it any longer?

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Clarry, you need to get the buyer to check that it's not still sitting in their cart.

That happened to me, Cancellation confirmation came back fro ebay, 

but suddenly it was paid for.

It was sitting in her cart along with a few other things, when she paid for them altogether.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Under this new buyer requested cancellation process is it the same as before if the buyer does not respond at all.

Used to be 7-days (8th day) you could close it and get your FVF back.

Had a feeling that has been changed to 10-days now???

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply