New Click and Send - new services, ebay label system...

WOW

New Click and Send services coming.. and also the ebay click and send codes will cease to work on the click and send site from 13th May. Will need to use the ebay Label Postage service.

Click and Send will have it's own flat rate products., ie, BX1, BX2 (no BX4). If you qualify for the business 250 Aus Post account you can get extra cover for $1 (and you do not need signature on delivery, unless value of goods is over $300).

Have a read here

http://auspost.com.au/about-us/click-and-send-changes.html

What are your thoughts?

1 big issue for me with the ebay system is the 1 label per page. Might need to look into a label printer (I have a brother QL-570 now, but for postage labels they would be too small..).

Good to see , if I read correctly, we can pay for international post parcels, ordinary parcels etc all online ..

Also the new barcode they generate will include the receivers address - so should mean more reliable deliveries (we can only hope, right?!?!).

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

go-tazz
Community Member

My main issue is that the eBay satchels I have wont be able to be used with Click & Send.

Can I continue to use my Australia Post / eBay flat rate products?

You can continue to use Australia Post / eBay flat rate products to send your parcels
through eBay’s label printing platform on ebay.com.au.

You can also use any remaining Australia Post / eBay satchels to send parcels through
Click and Send,but the postage will be charged at the same rate as the new Australia
Post flat rate products.

If you plan to send parcels through Click and Send, please remember to order the new
Australia Post flat rate packaging next time you order.

Also the quantity you can order has change,(no way would I order 20 flat rate boxes).

What are the packaging costs?

No changes are being made toAustralia Post/ eBay flat rate packaging costs or
minimum order quantities at this time.

From 13 May, the new Australia Post flat rate satchels will be available in minimum order
quantities of 10,and flat rate boxes are available in minimum order quantities of 20.

Packaging prices can be found on the Australia Post online shop at shop.auspost.com.au
or the Australia Post shop atauspost.ebay.com.au
Message 2 of 29
Latest reply

Basically, if you want to utilise the eBay flat rate postage, you need to use the eBay label system.

This would be, presumably, because this deal was the reason they got third line forcing (and the consequent ability to charge FVF on postage) past the ACCC.

Message 3 of 29
Latest reply

@babylonfuture wrote:

Good to see , if I read correctly, we can pay for international post parcels, ordinary parcels etc all online ..

Also the new barcode they generate will include the receivers address - so should mean more reliable deliveries (we can only hope, right?!?!).

That's probably the best change they could have made (for me personally, anyway), I've been wishing to be able to use PayPal for international C&S parcels. 

Message 4 of 29
Latest reply

Will this mean we will now have to manually enter each address into click and send?

Message 5 of 29
Latest reply

No. You will be able to import into click and send as normal, however the ebay specific flat rate postage options will not be available there. (from 13th May)
Message 6 of 29
Latest reply

And no more B4 boxes at flat rates Smiley Mad

Message 7 of 29
Latest reply

Would have been nice if they'd told us this before we went ahead and ordered new C&S satchels.

Message 8 of 29
Latest reply

From my reading of the documents/pages, the BX4 box will still exist on eBay, just not on clickandsend.com.au

But who knows really. As none of the staff at Australia Post know. Someone in a dark back room posted these changes without telling the people at the front end (call centres) first (or at same time).

Message 9 of 29
Latest reply

It just keeps getting worse, did they even announce the new click and send prices ? At least I'm eligible for the bussiness "discount"
Now I'm completely in the dark on pricing.

No bx4 boxes is going to screw me

The 5kg bags are a plus at least until they announce the prices.
Message 10 of 29
Latest reply