New prices for Australia Post January 2017

On 3 January 2017, we’ll be adjusting some of our prices. This change will impact:

• Business Letter products
  • Registered Post
  • Prepaid envelopes
  • Return Paid annual fee

There is no change to ordinary letter prices, including the Basic Postage Rate (BPR), which remains at $1 for consumers, and 60 cents for MyPost concession account customers. 

These changes will help ensure the long-term sustainability of our network; a network where we reach more Australians every day than any other company through our 11.5 million delivery points – including regional and remote areas – and over 4,000 Post Offices.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

x3n0m
Community Member

.. tis death for Australia's economy and society by a million cuts .. not long now .. perhaps time for the auspost CEO to get another multi million dollar payrise for this ingenious idea?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Yes reaching into more Australians pockets but without offering a service that AP charge you for lol.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Forgive me if I am being dense  (I will blame it on the incredible heat we are experiencing in QLD at the moment) but does that mean that there will be another increase on the price of Registered Post Prepaid Satchels? 

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Maybe I could by pass Austpost and post from China for next to nothing LOL

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

@sarahs_preloved_booksnbits wrote:

Forgive me if I am being dense  (I will blame it on the incredible heat we are experiencing in QLD at the moment) but does that mean that there will be another increase on the price of Registered Post Prepaid Satchels? 

Parcels are not affected.

The price rise is mainly for prepaid letters and other services and is only a small one.

Having said that though, we have a bunch of bankers running AP these days and they have only one way of increasing profitability.

There is no thought of building volume; when they need to show growth they just charge more.

The crazy thing is that as they increase prices volume decreases and buyers are encouraged to go for O/S suppliers who get highly competitive postage rates.

These items are carried at a loss by AP so you'd think the management would be going all out to counter importation.

"No fear" they say, "a price rise will do the trick"

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply