No option for Calculated International Shipping

chriall
Community Member

There are only 3 options for International Shipping and none of them give the option for Calculated shipping. (See Picture)

This is really annoying as I imagine some countries will be more expensive than others.
how do I know what to set shipping as $5 or $50? 

can anyone help me because I dont want to list my item worldwide & put $20 shipping on my item but the shipping ends up costing $40-$50

how am I meant to know what a fair price for shipping is if the cost can vary. Man Sad

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If it's for the 1080, I would only list on the Aus site and the USA site.

Should sell on one of those.

Too risky to send to many countries, even safe countries, these items are prone to people claiming INAD and not having to return for a refund. Or they send you another unit of the same but not working.

image host
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Can you see an option somewhere to switch to a different listing tool, or swap from flat to calculated?

I know eBay have been updating the listing form, but I haven't seen it yet so can't navigate it to trouble-shoot, but if you can access an advanced listing tool or something like that, you should get an option to switch from flat postage to calculated for international (at least, this is still an option on the old listing page, which is what I currently have access to). 

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I use calculated postage. No bother really.

As I understand it, the buyer will see that cost on the listing, for their country. Once listed you can check the postage charged, within your listing.

The buyer can then decide whether they are prepared to pay this. Only Americans will complain, in my experience.

I would also add a handling fee to cover ebay and paypal fees on the postage, and packaging. I did this until I gained a contract with Ozpost.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply