No sales it is frightening .Anyone else ??????

1 sale totalling $6.50 in 8 days

Message 1 of 66
Latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

several recent threads re : lack of sales and traffic ... many sellers including myself are lets just say over it

ebay is just not a fun place anymore lol

I have also been reading the posts on the usa boards and lets just say, it is scary

I think this is as good as it gets and it has been poor for some time

hope your sales pick up

Message 2 of 66
Latest reply

It's scaring us too.

So we have launched our own web site and will now focus on getting that working.

We have also started selling on other venues that are suitable for our items. Some early positive signs.

We have never had to think this way before but since this is our sole source of income we have to for survival.

We are thinking we should have spread some of our eggs around before now.

We are considering closing down one of our stores as it just does not seem worthwhile paying the fees sales are so slow.

Message 3 of 66
Latest reply

I keep hesitating to purchase new stock for fear I'll be left with it.
Message 4 of 66
Latest reply

same here ...
Message 5 of 66
Latest reply

Me also,

one sale in 6 days

very scary......

Message 6 of 66
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member
Re: Clarry & Harley..

Omg me too! I was just thinking this morning I might close my store because its just not worth the fees anymore.
Ive had multiple opportunity to buy more stock very cheaply but am really worried that the end of Ebay is very close - either itll close down completely once split from Paypal or announce large company contracts only / no more small sellers... and Ill be stuck with a heap of stock!

Its worry when so many of us are thinking the same things like this..
Message 7 of 66
Latest reply

Double ditto - I sell skiwear and it seems eBay's throttling of my items has ramped up just as it starts to snow. At this time of year I'm usually selling about 50-60 items a week and rising into June - this week it's been 10 at the most. I have held off buying some great stock because I'm afraid of being stuck with it all. I may even just have a half price sale and see if I can clear out and close down.

All too sad - I've enjoyed selling on eBay for 10 years but this isn't fun.....

Marina.

Message 8 of 66
Latest reply

Strangely, I've had a good run over the past week - the first half of May was abysmal though, with not a single sale in 9 days, then three days later, another 6 days in a row with nothing.
Message 9 of 66
Latest reply

@2010silversun wrote:

1 sale totalling $6.50 in 8 days

Well... that's 100% more than I've had on my selling ID!

Honestly, sales are ridiculous at best. I normally sell BIN's - and have done so for years, as I know my market.

10days ago, in an attempt to stimulate sales, I reduced prices drastically, and converted most items to auction - and still no watchers, let alone bids!

BIN items have required to be listed and relisted up to 5 times before drawing any interest - yet up until last Xmas, were lucky if they lasted 4-5 days before being purchased!

It's just so sad to see the wasteland that ebay has become for most small sellers.

It's just so pointedly clear that the ebay hiearchy want us out of the equation - with so many, many posts over the past months, all suggesting that there's throttling going on, and everyone's thoughts that ebay is working to eradicate all small players, and nothing, I repeat - nothing said about these rumours from ebay itself?

Let's just say we don't have to be conspiracy theorists to connect the dots, do we?

The first thing any respectable, reputable company does when faced with damaging rumours, is  go public to assure that all is well, and rumours are just that - rumours.

Ebay? Not a word. You can hear the crickets chirping...

Message 10 of 66
Latest reply