Non Paying Bidders

garrcc
Community Member

As a seller, I would like to ba able to indicate on a buyer's feedback if they have failed to pay. I know this subject has been covered heaps of times...however it would be of benefit to be able to leave a coloured dot - eg orange - if a buyer fails to pay ....no need for comments - just a dot would be enough for sellers to see if the buyer has a history of being a non paying bidder.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Non Paying Bidders

That still won't stop them from bidding in the last minutes or clicking BIN.

But the current strike system works.

Have you blocks set up?

image host
Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Non Paying Bidders

Sure have.  Still non paying bidders are a pain - would be nice to leave some sort of indicator on their feedback if they have failed to pay....no need for nasty comments, etc...just a coloured dot or cross....so that it shows up on their feedback.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Non Paying Bidders

Problem with that is some sellers will use that to retaliate as they did with negs years ago.

If someone just didnt like the buyer they could hit that, wouldn't be good.

I have blocks for buyers with 2 or more strikes in 12 months and from memory also block zero feedback, not phone verified.

That eliminates most of non genuine accounts IMO.

image host
Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

Non Paying Bidders

What is the use for that when sellers use the buy it now option? Won't stop them buying. Even if a seller does check after they have bought,  it's too late then. They've already bought. They could have 1, 000 orange dots and it would make no difference. 

Best way to stop them is have blocks in place. Ebay won't stop them regardless of how many times they've not paid. That has been proven countless times. Therefore, it's up to the seller to protect themselves as best they can.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

Non Paying Bidders

The blocks work well as an overall preventative measure and when buyers don't pay they also get added to the BBL so they can never try again.

I was really surprised when I went into my Buyers Log and saw just how many people with unpaid item strikes were actually on that list and had been prevented from buying.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

Non Paying Bidders

I was really surprised when I went into my Buyers Log and saw just how many people with unpaid item strikes were actually on that list and had been prevented from buying.

----------------

I was really interested to read that.

I know it is possible to block individual buyers or those with a couple of strikes, but I have often wondered whether it would really affect many buyers at all, as far as bidding goes. There are so many different sellers on ebay I've always imagined there must be a lot without any blocks in place.

But it is most satisfactory to know some bad buyers do come across a consequence now and then.Smiley Happy

I know sellers would love to have some way to leave a visible marker against non paying bidders, sort of a public shaming. I think it could easily be done in an objective, automated way.

But I don't think it ever will be because for those buyers who cared or took any notice, it would just stop them bidding, they would not want to use that ID any more.

Maybe though ebay could consider deducting one number off a person's score if there is an unpaid item strike recorded against their name. This would mean it was not a public shaming but the buyer himself would see his overall rating number going down.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Non Paying Bidders

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Problem with that is some sellers will use that to retaliate as they did with negs years ago.

If someone just didnt like the buyer they could hit that, wouldn't be good.

I have blocks for buyers with 2 or more strikes in 12 months and from memory also block zero feedback, not phone verified.

That eliminates most of non genuine accounts IMO.

Kopes you were not even posting here when feedback comments could be mutual.

ie feedback slanging matches highlighted numpty ebay members whether they be buyers or sellers and you could block both or decide to block neither.

Experience tells me that using blanket blocks affects sales detrimentally.

ie one sellers NPB is often another members successful sale.

Feedback should be exactly that members perspective of the trade whether it be warped by their vindictiveeness or immersed in fuzzy symbols.

Censorship of feedback procluded the numpties showing all .... wait for it they are Numpties......

The old man used to say never keep a fool from exacting and exhibiting their talents and it is even a bigger fool that would argue with them.

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

Non Paying Bidders

@cushioncovers wrote:

The blocks work well as an overall preventative measure and when buyers don't pay they also get added to the BBL so they can never try again.

But how many other sellers NPB did it prevent from making a commitment to buy your item and then following through with their commitment?

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Non Paying Bidders

I honestly look at automatic buying blocks as a selling hindrance.

ie if you have your blocks set at 2 npb strikes or more you are inhibiting buyers that

bought, paid and received 97 items from other sellers but didnt pay for 3 items

bought,  paid and received 96 items from other sellers but didnt pay for 4 items

and so on

But when you could have no blocks, you can use the unpaid item assistant automatically and have a set policy  to issue

blocks and receive a final fee refund for propective buyers that did not follow through with their commitment to

purchase your item.

How many signs do you see outside of bricks and mortar stores stating that because you did not pay for a hurdy gurdy

you ordered at another store up the street you cannot purchase the gizmo's I have in my window either?

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply