Non paying buyers

cabnabcomp
Community Member

Its nice to know that a buyer can win an item you have on sale ( auction ) ..They dont pay & can,t even follow instructions on  an AUSTALIA Tax invioce .Please make contact within 24 hours & payment 3 day .And as a seller you can,t inforce that rule .And if you relist the item before the 4 days the buyer can leave NEG feedback & it sticks .A loop hole i have just come up against So a non paying buyer can tie up your item for days & days .Let me know what you think .Cheers

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Non paying buyers

1-Why do buyers need to contact you within 24 hours ?

2-ebay allows buyers 4 days in which to pay before you can open a non payer dispute so no point in demanding they pay within 3.

3-You should NEVER relist before closing the non payer dispute.Once the dispute is closed,you can ask ebay to remove negative feedback IF the buyer has NOT paid.

4-Do you have blocks in place to stop serial pests from bidding or buying your items?

5-Are you aware of how to open a non payer dispute & when to close it ?

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Non paying buyers

OMG,just read the feedback you have left for others.Don't be surprised if you are suspended or deregistered.:O:O

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Non paying buyers

I hope you haven't come here looking for sympathetic comments on your situation.  I'm not having a go at you, I'm just letting you know to expect some 'terse' responses that will be posted regarding your current situation.

You need to follow the UnPaid Item process before relisting.  Start the UPI after 4 days and then, if the buyer doesn't pay within 4 days, you are then okay to relist.  These are eBay rules that you agree to when you list an item.  Buyers are given a minimum of 8 days to pay, regardless of sellers saying things like "payment within 3 days" in their terms, unless you ask for and receive a mutual cancellation.   eBay rules/policies over-ride sellers terms and conditions.

As for the neg . . . . . . I know you are annoyed that you received a neg, but you did set yourself up for a neg from that buyer.  You relisted before the 8 days, you didn't get the transaction mutually cancelled, and you named-and-shamed them when you did relist.

Non paying buyers

You've been a member for over six years and have considerable experience as a seller. The NPB process has been the same as now for at least the last four years, so I don't quite understand why you're surprised at the buyer's attitude. You're lucky the buyer doesn't know their rights. You could have easily been slapped silly for naming them in your relist or for leaving negative followups.

I do note, however, that when you get less than positive feedback, you automatically assume it is a problem with the buyer, not you or the equipment, although you expect the reverse when you are the buyer.

Those, as requested, are a few of my thoughts.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

Non paying buyers

you re-listed well before 3 days from the end of the auction (original auction ended 15th Jan 22.01, you relisted 18th Jan 07.10).  That's about 15 hours short of three days.

Unfortunately for you, you will probably end up paying final value fees on both listings.

The winner of the original auction had 60 days from the end of the auction to leave you feedback.  The only way to gaurantee no feedback from a non-payer is to do the UnPaid Item process.

There is a forum poster who is starting a seller advocacy service who may be along to make some comments on the situation you have found yourself in.  Not sure that will help though.

Non paying buyers

Thanks, I put you on my block list.

You should be banned.

🙂

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Non paying buyers

No need to put me on your BBL. Or anybody else who has posted here or had a look at the thread, I daresay. 😉

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

Non paying buyers

I should have been more specific. Everybody is on my BBL except the OP.

And I mean Everybody who has EVER posted in these forums.

B-)

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Non paying buyers

Sorry, I read it as you putting LOTB on your BBL.

Carry on. :-)B-);-)

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply