Nov 1st - OUR FIRST EBAY SHOPLIFTER - Right On Time!

It's November the 1st and we just got our first EBAY SCAMMER/ ONLINE SHOPLIFTER from the UK. Suprise, supriise ... He refused a refund .. because he wanted the item plus refund.  He already left us Neg. ... now, he decided to open a case too.

He has opened a case through Ebay and the options [2 and 3 are in support of shoplifting ...] are as follows:

Choose a reply:

• Accept the return
    Contact the buyer to work out the return P&P details. Wait to receive the item before you refund the buyer.
  • Refund the buyer
    The buyer will keep the item, and you can fully refund the buyer to close this request.
  • Offer a partial refund
    The buyer will keep the item and you have one chance to offer an amount.

We opted for 1. Accept the Return. The Ebay system allowed for this, but not without reminding us ...

If you prefer, you can refund the buyer now.

lol ... which means they keep the item as well.    

Not to mention the little threat from Ebay at the beginning of the process along the lines of ... that if anything at all was wrong with the item that THE SELLER WOULD ALSO PAY RETURN POSTAGE PLUS GIVE FULL REFUND ... that is, of course, if we chose not to let the buyer just keep the item. So it does pay for buyers to break items when their demands for freebies are not met.

The buyer has written a strange emails saying that the frame was the size of a UK postage stamp [it's not] and telling is about a place called NARVARNA.   Obviously, either drunk or stoned or something wrong mentally. Needless to say ... the item was exactly as described. No wonder we keep getting buyers wanting the item plus refund! Ebay has been supporting this kind of scamming at least in the UK ... for The Lord only knows how long?  ,,, All we can do is complain to Ebay in Australia ... via The Philippines.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I thought I recognised that ID....I tangled with him many years ago (he was the seller) and he was also brought to the notice of the boardies for his awful feedback and followups.

Real charmer!!

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

I got badly scammed about  2 weeks ago - first time the buyer had bought anything and he picked me Smiley Frustrated they bought over 200 ********  seeds and claimed that not 1 of them germinated - wouldn't take a refund, paid via bank deposit & refused to give me the details so I could refund - - just demanded that I send him 8 pkts of pumpkin seeds - his choices - and also reported me to Trust & Safety. I had to request a 'pin' code for the next week just so I could log in. I sent his seeds, registered parcel post - gave the tracking number to Trust & Safety as requested & also the buyer.  Lo and behold, I receive a message - WHERE ARE MY SEEDS - gave the tracking number again - silence since then, but will admit I am holding my breath lol

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply