One of two parcels haven't turned up, now what please?

I sent two parcels going to the one buyer, one address from the same PO at the same time on the same day.

Both with registered mail.

I've checked the tracking.

One has arrived and the other is saying "no events currently found". It's registered mail grrr

I've not had this problem before.

I assume I begin with calling Aus Post or should I go see the lady at the PO in question?

After that what do I do?

Thank you

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Has the buyer contacted you re the mail being missing ?

It may still be on the way.

or sometimes barcodes are faulty, it could be that the buyer has received it and it just hasn't scanned properly.

As it registered mail, and a buyer has to sign to collect it and should be required to show ID, I would not panic yet.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

don't stess just yet, parcels sent together don't mean they will arrive at the destination at the same time. I have had parcels arrive a few days apart that were posted at the exact same time. If it's longer than 7 working days then I would start to panic.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Cassie, I have had the same thing happen recently. I rang Austpost  directly and the supervisor told me wait a couple of days and if it didn't turn up to call again.  I waited a couple of days & it eventually turned up on the track and was delivered. She was very helpful. 

I think it may have been in a glitch somewhere ?? Hope it is the same outcome for you ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

The buyer didn't alert me both had not arrived. I just noticed in the feedback not all items had been left feedback so I messaged her and asked if she had received both. She is good about it.
Lucky I had a gut feeling about this and registered them out of my own money.
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

When the buyer paid through Paypal the name and address was different to the name and address she wanted me to send it to.

She asked if I could send it to her home address instead of her partner's PO box which was the the one registered with Paypal.

I wondered what to do, anyway I sent her a message and that I had to send it to the address listed with Paypal but I would put her name c/o her partner's name and his PO box and then I decided to register it.

I've had no problems with the buyer, she is polite and always messages me back.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks horizon, it's not even showing up n the system. I'll wait a few days
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I posted a registered item a few months ago and they didn't scan the barcode that they stuck to the letter, they scanned a bar code stuck to the front of the book where they get the registered stickers from. That one never showed up in tracking, it always showed no event found. 

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks everyone it showed up in the system today and is awaiting collection, which I've forwarded the info onto buyer.

I was impatient ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Good to hear
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply