One very unlucky buyer

I've just had a sale from a buyer who has left 15 negs and 2 neutrals out of her entire 22 feedbacks left for sellers.

I'm not willing to take the risk.

Just remind me - I can cancel the sale under "Problem with postage/other" without any issues?

Naturally I will add her to the BBL.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

One very unlucky buyer

One very unlucky buyer

"There is a problem with the buyer's address'.

image host
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

One very unlucky buyer

@jellybirddesigns wrote:

Just remind me - I can cancel the sale under "Problem with postage/other" without any issues?

Naturally I will add her to the BBL.

You won't get a defect if you select that option, but the buyer can still leave feedback if they want to, and ebay may be less willing to remove it without solid evidence of a problem with the address (unless the negs contain a lot of "not received" comments, in which case you could suggest that there is clearly a problem at their address - could be the address itself, could be the person at the address Smiley LOL ).

In these kinds of cases, I will usually block them, send by fully trackable means, and record the packing process on video instead of the usual single photo of the items shown next to the addressed package, and so far things have gone ok without ever hearing from the buyer - positive to negative ratio has never been that high with a buyer I've had, that I've noticed anyway. I also might think twice if the order value was on the high side. 

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

One very unlucky buyer

It's not always bad. I've had buyers that left 19 out of 20 negs, and I got absolutely glowing feedback when they received their item. There have been more than I could count on 2 hands. I think WE are a breath of fresh air to them, that they finally got something that they really loved.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

One very unlucky buyer

Tippy, in this case, the buyer has said everything from:

Not worth the money

Very hit and miss

Not happy

Bad Seller

She has even left negatives with a postive comment:

Great to work with very professional - with red dots. TWICE!

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

One very unlucky buyer

The other option would be to cancel as out of stock and take the defect hit. 1 Defect does not penalise your account in any way. The risk is that you only get a few of them before the penalities apply.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

One very unlucky buyer

Purple, I think the problem with that strategy is that they can definitely still leave feedback, but I do think that if I cancel the transaction for the "Address" reason, then it's less likely. Either way, I don't think that buyers can leave negative feedback for me for something like 5 or 7 days because I have Top rated status (at least that was my impression - I could be wrong)

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

One very unlucky buyer

Surely the seller could get a neg removed if the comment said "great to work with, very professional".
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

One very unlucky buyer

Oh sorry, I forgot about that. As you can imagine I don't cancel a lot of orders.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply