Overnight delivery is regularly 4 days

A few years ago sending parcels in Sydney used to be an overnight deal. Post before 6pm in Sydney and it would get to another Sydney address the next day. Without fail.

Now when I post parcels, maybe every 2nd one takes 4 business days. I see a scan event, and then nothing until the day of delivery, 4 days later.

Is the parcel side of the business in such a boom that Aust Post just can't cope?
Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

don't worry, i'm sure AP will anounce a little fee for faster parcel deliveries real soon.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Nope, they just want you to use Express Post and cough up $14.80 every time. I have a feeling Parcel Post might be following the same rules as the regular old non-priority mail (except you can't just slap on a 50c priority sticker to have it sent "faster").
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

On Monday, I posted 2 parcels to the same address (bought on different accounts), from Western NSW to South Western NSW (3.5hrs away). One arrived today after going via Wagga mail centre. The other one is in Sydney, having been to Chullora and Granville and it's now back at Chullora. Both posted at exactly the same time and placed in the same tub at the PO.

I feel your frustration!

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply