Parcel sender on eBay purchase now showing as EBAY 101 WAREHOUSE

A recent purchase (not yet arrived) which was sent tracked, with signature on delivery, is showing in my MyPost page as having been sent by EBAY 101 WAREHOUSE.

I presume that this purported sender information is derived from the code which eBay now inserts into the first line of the buyer's address. If that's the case (and considering that eBay still insist that they are not the seller when one buys on eBay, but simply the Electronic Distribution Platform, and to the best of my knowledge eBay do not have a warehouse from which they - eBay - send an item which I purchased from a well-known Australian company who simply happened to be listing on eBay), it's very misleading.

If eBay wants to position itself as the warehouse, the sender, and so on, they are implicitly saying (I think) that they are the seller - or at least, the buyer would reasonably expect that eBay was responsible for storing, distributing, packing and sending the item. And... if that's the case, wouldn't the buyer expect eBay to be responsible for any instance of wrong item, insufficient packaging, etc.?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Congratulations Countess.....it appears you have found a seller who trusts the "new(ish)" ebay fulfilment service....silly seller!

As far as I remember there was some blurb about it last year.....I heard about it through AP as it is a partnership of ebay and AP and their fulfillment partner Fulfilio.

I am not sure of the details......I am not a seller so my reaction was along the lines of complete distrust of ebay sticking their fingers in yet another service and no doubt charging sellers multi $$$$ to do so.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

As eBay is a "partner" it has to be lucky you.tease.gif

https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/ebay-fulfilment-partner-program

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Congratulations Countess.....it appears you have found a seller who trusts the "new(ish)" ebay fulfilment service....silly seller!

As far as I remember there was some blurb about it last year.....I heard about it through AP as it is a partnership of ebay and AP and their fulfillment partner Fulfilio.

I am not sure of the details......I am not a seller so my reaction was along the lines of complete distrust of ebay sticking their fingers in yet another service and no doubt charging sellers multi $$$$ to do so.

The last I'd heard, less than a year I think, was a rumour that Fulfilio was either going into administration or closing down.

(a news report I think)

Their pricing was quite high so failure looked likely but they seem to still be hanging around.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Well, it's been some fraught days with my father's health, so I've not had much opportunity to post. (Hospital, home, hospital, home... interspersed with my own hospital appointments and latest MRI prior to the surgery that I now hope won't occur before Christmas...)

According to the label on this parcel, it was despatched from 101Warehousing, 7-9 Mephan Street, Footscray, which is a warehousing and distribution service address. Not to be coy about the actual seller, it's House, who are of course reputable and well-known. When one googles 101Warehousing wiht that Footscray address, there's a banner across the home page saying "3PL Warehousing and Distribution". The tab for that window also shows "3PL Warehousing - Distribution - Freight Forwarding Services".

Fulfilio also has a heading across its Melbourne page stating 3PL Warehousing Melbourne (although it doesn't talk about a Footscray warehouse... only one in Tullamarine).

Conclusion: you're right! I'm quite surprised that House would use this sort of fulfilment service, but perhaps they've done so because they've been operating as b&m stores and ecommerce is new to them... so it might have seemed a good idea to have this sort of service take care of that side of things.

No doubt eBay finds it a worthwhile partnership.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Wow very interesting, guess for the big boys could be a very good service/option. Can see the attraction.

Wonder how eBay would handle a problem, underpacked, underdelivered etc etc...is it the seller who suffers with neg feedback and does eBay now also qualify for some sort of rating system from their customers (the seller). Wouldn't that be interesting!

They certainly seem to be trying to do all things and will no doubt evolve into not just a postal service. 

For Small sellers like ourselves who only sell individual and vintage items can't see it working.

Hope all your health worries are easing Countess.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply