Payment Invoices

Does Ebay now send an invoice to a buyer to pay for the items automatically? As I received an invoice almost immediately after an auction had ended.I thought that Ebay send out a reminder after 2 days? The reason I am asking is that is what the seller told me that they never sent it,that Ebay sent it,anyone able to update me regarding this issue,thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Payment Invoices

ebay send an automatic email advising that the buyer has won the item - and asking them to PAY NOW

only the seller can send an INVOICE as such

and ebay sends an automatic reminder after 2 days if you have that option ticked in your site preferences

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Payment Invoices

ebay send an automatic email advising that the buyer has won the item - and asking them to PAY NOW

only the seller can send an INVOICE as such

and ebay sends an automatic reminder after 2 days if you have that option ticked in your site preferences

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Payment Invoices

That's what I thought but the seller insists that ebay sent the invoice automatically and therefore never gave him any chance of combining postage?

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Payment Invoices

Are you using a phone or mobile device?  If so, the system automatically sends you the details of your purchase with a Pay Now button.  It looks like an invoice, in that it shows what you bought, the postage cost and the total.  There is no option to continue shopping and allow the seller to combine with the mobile app, it has been a source of angst for many for this reason, it requires the buyer to pay immediately even if they are still shopping with the same seller. 

Your seller is probably telling you the truth, most sellers these days don't send invoices, they have no need to as buyers either choose to pay immediately, or if using the app, are left with no choice.

I think the shopping cart works the same way.  I know I purchased three items from the same seller yesterday using the cart, and had to pay for all three postage costs individually (luckily in this case it would not have been cheaper combined anyway).

Cheers,

Penny
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Payment Invoices

No APP is being used,I'm a seller also and I never send invoices until I feel it has been long enough for a buyer to pay.So this seller has obviously told a fib.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Payment Invoices

Perhaps, or maybe they are used to other sites where you need to actually send an invoice before the buyer can pay?  I sell on one sit that is like that.  Anyway, just a thought.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Payment Invoices

@zelly888 wrote:

That's what I thought but the seller insists that ebay sent the invoice automatically and therefore never gave him any chance of combining postage?

So the invoice might be sent - but if the buyer wants to ask for combined postage and/or to continue shopping, surely the buyer ignores the invoice and communicates by email with the seller.

So maybe the seller is reluctant to offer combined postage?    Or is being problematical, lol

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Payment Invoices

This seller is being problematic and dishonest at this stage,I have given them an opportunity to come clean and they are still playing around it and blaming ebay.I have just received the reminder from ebay to pay for the items and ebay has informed me that they never sent or send the invoice,which I already knew,but for some reason the seller is playing the idiot card with me lol.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply