Payment pending?

daisychain345
Community Member
I recently sold an item and the buyer says he has paid through PayPal. There is a payment pending icon/hourglass next to the item and it says payment was initiated a few days ago through PayPal. But there is nothing showing in my PayPal account, nothing at all from this buyer. I have checked my ebay account and my PayPal details are correct. There was an email sent to my linked email account saying the buyer has paid and I need to click on the link to claim the funds. I have used PayPal many times to buy and sell and have never had to claim funds before. I did click the link and it took me to PayPal login page, I logged in but still no sign of this payment. In case I have been scammed I went to PayPal and changed my login detail.
Does anyone know what is going on?
Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Payment pending?

Check the listing itself and make sure the email address in there is correct.

I think you can do it by selecting relist, then going to the Paypal section. You can cancel before you commit it.

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

Payment pending?

daisychain345
Community Member

I did that, and it is correct. And an email was sent to me saying a payment has been and needs to be claimed. But there in nothing in my  paypal account. As I said I clicked on the link in the email to claim the funds but it just takes me to PayPal login page. I logged in but still no money. 

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

Payment pending?

daisychain345
Community Member

Also, if the PayPal address was wrong in the listing, then no email would have arrived in the linked email account. The email would have also gone to the wrong address. But, the details were correct. I have bender had to claim funds before, the payment just went into my PayPal account. 

Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

Payment pending?

maybe it was an echeque?

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

Payment pending?

daisychain345
Community Member

I have no idea. All I know is the buyer is wanting to know when I'm sending and I won't send til I'm paid. Has anyone else ever had to claim funds sent to PayPal before? It's a new one on me. 

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

Payment pending?

ive had a payment pending before,  just assumed the buyer recently enrolled for paypal or perhaps changed their bank details with paypal,   in some instances it takes a week for paypal funds to go through,    anyway in about a week the payment came through and reflected as a completed payment.

But i dont think i recieved a message to claim funds.    Always sign into paypal from the search engine  never sign in from a link in a message in your inbox  it could be a scam.

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

Payment pending?

daisychain345
Community Member

I don't mind waiting for payment to clear. Just concerned over the email to claim the funds through a link. The funny thing is the buyer has 100% positive feedback. 

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

Payment pending?

If all the transaction details are correct; e-mail address etc, then the buyers payment has probably gone through as an e-cheque as they obviously don't have a credit/debit card linked to their PayPal..

E-cheques can take 3-5 days to clear, but can sometimes take up to a week or longer

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

Payment pending?

P.S ALL buyers have 100% positive feedback, as sellers are unable to leave Negative or Neutral feedback.. It's been this way for about 4 years

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 10 of 25
Latest reply