Payments dirctly to bank account

Was advised the payments for items sold will now be directly credited to my Bank account minus fees, rather than PayPal.  Very inconvenient as I use my PayPal account for most purchases and all sales.  Funds were available immediately; transfers to my bank account take for ever, and I need to check my account constantly to see what actually has been credited.  Ebay call this an improvement, I call it a typical inconvenience.  It's a big "NO" from me.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Please dont take this the wrong way and obviously inconvenient for you and I am sure many others.  Ebay's playpen - Ebay's rules

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

@gerd6903 wrote:

I need to check my account constantly to see what actually has been credited. 

You don't actually need to do this - if it's in awaiting postage, the funds have cleared, just not immediately processed to you. 

I'm not arguing with any of your other points, I get that the cashflow interruption etc is a problem for a lot of sellers and this is less convenient for a lot of people as well, but eBay basically guarantee the funds will clear to you and pay out once the buyer's payment is made and the order goes to "awaiting postage".

I can't guarantee for sure how that works from the other side, but I can say I had a buyer recently place two orders - one of the payments failed and I never even saw that order in "awaiting payment" let alone "awaiting postage". 

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Must be close to a year now since it was announced such a change was coming for everyone by March this year, (and it has been posted about  ad nauseam since so, nothing new or surprising (however inconvenient it is) 

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

No, it's not new, but it is inconvenient. And earning heaps of interest for Ebay. 

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

How do you work out that it is earning interest for ebay?

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Having money in the bank with interest rates basically non existent unless you have plenty of cash is a mute issue at this stage.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Ebay have plenty of cash. That of sellers while it's waiting to be transferred.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply