Paypal hour glass

Does someone know how long it takes Pay Pal to bounce a payment back to a buyer.

My OH has just sold an item using an old template he had in the system, as we have changed our e-mail address he updated it and double checked he had updated it on the template but when he listed the items the e-mail address defaulted to the old address.  He did not realise this until someone had won and paid and the hour glass came up.

He has sent an e-mail apologising to the customer for the error but we don't know how long it will  take for PP to return the payment or is there anything our customer can do from their end.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Paypal hour glass

If you no longer have access to the old email address (if you do, you can just re-add it and accept the payment), the customer can cancel the payment, but you might want to call PayPal and explain the situation as they can sometimes forward the payment to your account - it saves having to get the customer to cancel and pay again after generating an invoice from PayPal.

For future reference, updating email addresses in eBay and PayPal doesn't update the address on old listing templates etc, as when you list an item it always pre-fills the last address you used when listing, even if you start a new listing from scratch.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Paypal hour glass

Thanks DG

I will get my OH to call PP,  It was on the actuall ebay template that he updated the email address and it seemed to have accepted it but when he listed the item it defaulted.

He has gone in to revise other items for sale but when we look at the payment option it clearly states the correct paypal email address yet on the invoices sent out it is giving our old address.  Do you know how we can change this on items still for sale or do we need to end and relist

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Paypal hour glass

Sorry, all I know is that if the correct address is on the listing, the invoices should also have the correct address (it's not unheard of for errors like this to occur, though). I'm not sure where the error would be or how to fix, other than perhaps to suggest not using any of the old templates when next listing.

You could try ending one and rather than re-list, start a new listing from scratch, although I would also contact eBay about it as if it's a technical fault their end, it should't cost you in listing fees (or wasted free listings). Sorry I couldn't be more help. 

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Paypal hour glass

It's possible the listing defaulted back to the PayPal email linked to the ebay account.

image host
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply