Paypal not releasing my funds

I sold items on Ebay and my funds were put on hold by Paypal because the amount was unusually high (ie a few thousand dollars). The purchaser picked up her goods 5 days ago in person. My money is STILL on hold by Paypal, supposedly because i need to input the shipping information, but there's no shipping information to input. I have changed the status to 'shipped' and the auto message i get is that ill recieve my funds in one business day. That was days ago. no one at Paypal seems to care or want to help. Im a single parent and i need my money....help!!!!!

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Most likely you have new account and the funds held for 21 days?
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Your payment would be held because you are a new seller, and until you meet certain criteria, then funds are released immediately after that. If the buyer picked up the item they should pay you in person, not by Paypal. I don't know why you need a shipping address if it was a pickup.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I would have asked for cash in hand on pickup.

However, if you're an irregular seller who only lists from time to time, then PP will hold your funds for 21 days unless you can prove delivery. It's in the terms and conditions that you would have agreed to. Also, because the funds are a lot higher than what you would ordinarily be getting, PP may see it as an unusal selling pattern and hold the funds to make sure there is nothing fishy.

Fingers crossed your buyer is not a scammer and files an "Item Not Received" claim as then your funds will be reversed.

If you feel your buyer is ok, I think you can ask them to confirm receipt of the item on their side of the transaction which may help to expedite things.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

I have just called paypal and most of my sales today are on hold....Nothing to do with the amount.  One is $20.00

They say once the items are delivered they will release my funds.  Trying to tell me PayPal has always done that

20 years as a seller I have never had this done

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Make sure that you have "pick up" as the delivery option on the invoice.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply