Petition to get "AUSTRALIA ONLY" more obviously located for buyers

Hi there,

I'm sure anyone reading this is probably a seller in Australia who is often dismayed that many Chinese and listings from abroad take up all the prime real estate in search results. This is fine with ebay being a 'global marketplace', but for many Australian buyers, the "AUSTRALIA ONLY" button to the left is not so obvious.

This petition is to get Australia Only put beside  All Listings Auction Buy It Now  at the top of any search page.

With the new rules about pictures with no words and frames, we are even worse placed to stress to our buyers that we are local and can deliver quality in days instead of weeks.If we are going to keep the Oz economy alive and not give in to dropshipping and posting from abroad, then this is a good step in the right direction in my opinion.

Please agree or comment below to show your support.

Thanks

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

I think it's all up to the buyer, if they don't care enough to support Australian sellers then its the part they play in selling the farm.
Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

But if they have the ebay account registered here in Oz, like so many Chinese sellers now do, they will still come in the Oz only search. So will all the dropshippers, because that is what a dropshipper is. (Buy from a seller here whom orders from China/H.K)

I think the item location by postcode should be more easily accessed instead.

image host
Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

I think the item location should be accurate and if the item location is misrepresented then the original transaction should be

cancelled by ebay citing fraudulant listing terms and the buyer should be refunded even if they received their product.

The seller should be notified and be held liable for any item return costs and not recive their FVF or listing cost back.

ie  item location in listing is Penrith and the item freight details show the item was sent from Taiwan....

Would not take long for the item location to be correctly stated in the listing.

I do not mind purchasing from overseas as long as I know the correct item location and can make a considered decision but I am

not overly excited being taken in by incorrect item location information over and over again

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

Unfortunately there are many many buyers who aren't aware that there is an Australia Only search - however there is a lot of sellers from OS claiming their items are in Au when they are clearly not.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

It is against ebay policy to misrepresent the location of the item being sold. However ebay won't know unless they accidentally come across it or those listings are reported by members

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

I agree there are a lot of so called australian dealers that are fronts for drop shippers from china, one person living in australia from china gets sent hundreds of items and infers that the items are australian stock and ships them on to unsuspecting buyers, 

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

@rebel-sm wrote:

I agree there are a lot of so called australian dealers that are fronts for drop shippers from china, one person living in australia from china gets sent hundreds of items and infers that the items are australian stock and ships them on to unsuspecting buyers, 

That is the exact opposite of item location misrepresentation. In your case the seller sends from Australia. This thread was about sellers claiming items are located in Australia when they aren't. Your seller is an importer.

Do you think dragging up a four-month-old thread about a different topic will help? Don't you think people should be able to import goods in order to resell at a profit? Have you looked at any major retailer's business practises? Given very little is manufactured in this country these days?

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

You could try to promote 'AUSTRALIAN MADE'

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

spoltzs
Community Member

I am completely frustrated with Ebay's lack of action on this.

Last week, I searched for "Australia Only" items and these were listed. I chose this option because I needed the item fast and wanted to pay express post.

Of course, two sellers stated that their items were located in Sydney which of course they were not despite charging me express postage I am yet to receive the items.

I have reported the items and the sellers but Ebay just does not give a damn. This is one of the many reasons so many people are leaving ebay. the buyers are going, the sellers are going. I dont want to buy Chinese knock off items nor do I want to wait for weeks to get an item

I am happy to sign the petition as I have had enough of this lack of support for Australia

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply