Photos getting darker after upload

01kait
Community Member

For some reason, all my listing thumbnails seem to become darker after I upload them. I tested with my most recent listing by making sure my background was white in photoshop. Yet, when I upload to ebay, it's grey. 

I'm using the desktop version and all my photos are 1800x1800px jpegs. Am I doing something wrong or is just something ebay does automatically?  

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Photos getting darker after upload

I see what you mean! It's certainly not the end of the world, but you obviously want a white background and you should be able to have it. Have you tried Fotofuze ? It's a site where you can easily make your backgrounds white (or black). You upload your photos to the site, make the quick adjustments and then save them to your computer (or device). It's quite quick and very easy. The help page, or video will show you how to do it. It's a really useful site.

The site has a free version and a paid version. They work exactly the same, but the free version will reduce the size of your photos (can't remember the size, but still quite acceptable). Having the reduced size hasn't affected my sales at all as buyers can still see from the photos what they are buying. 

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply