Pick & Pack / Warehouse & Distribution companies

Hey everyone,

We use a company in NSW which holds all our stock and each night we send them a spreadsheet of what orders we've made for the day and they send them out for us - saves us a bunch of time and of course they charge for this service. 

We'd been very happy with them up until recently but now there seems to be more errors than we'd like and we're starting to look at other potential options. So we're looking for recommendations of where we might take our business if you have any good experiences with companies that would do the job.

Obviously this could be a good thread for a number of people who are looking to stop doing all the boxing up and sending themselves and handing that off to someone else.

Thanks to anyone who can help out!
Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

who do you use for this service if you don't mind me asking?

Message 2 of 27
Latest reply

How much storage space would you require and approximately how many items will need to be pick/packed each day?

Message 3 of 27
Latest reply

kizacks - I'd rather not mention them directly on here as they have provided a good service for us up until now and I wouldn't want to be giving anyone a bad reputation.

austeam - I'll message you directly

Message 4 of 27
Latest reply

ok 🙂

Message 5 of 27
Latest reply

I couldn't see anywhere in your listings where you say you are dropshipping although there is so much waffle I may have missed it!

You have found the major drawback to drop shipping that we always advise potential sellers to be wary of, it is your reputation and money that is at risk when your dropshipper lets you down as many do sooner or later.

I think it unlikely that anyone who has a reliable dropshipper id going to pass that information on to you thus increasing their competition.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 27
Latest reply

I got the impression the OP was simply looking for a logistics service to store, pick and ship their own goods.  That is not the same as a drop shipper who owns the goods and you sell as an agent.

The quality of the goods is in the seller's control.  The shipping is no worse really than employing someone to work in your own warehouse. In fact the right company can often provide a better service than some sellers do who work from home because of their own freight accounts etc. 🙂

Message 7 of 27
Latest reply

phorum_junkie - rather than be concerned about the op's "waffle" you might want to google what drop shipping really is, and what the op is doing isnt it.  Here I will help you:

Drop shipping is a supply chain management technique in which the retailer does not keep goods in stock, but instead transfers customer orders and shipment details to either the manufacturer or a wholesaler, who then ships the goods directly to the customer. As in retail businesses, the majority of retailers make their profit on the difference between the wholesa...

What the OP is doing is simple warehousing logistics which can be a very smart move...

FYI - 50% of my operation is based on dropshipping and it is working fine for me.........

Message 8 of 27
Latest reply

One of my suppliers was using QLS and I thought they were great http://www.qlslogistics.com.au/

However my supplier said they were having issues with them and they changed to Star Track Express Logistics.

Another supplier who is based in Melbourne uses a logistics company in Qld because the lower cost of storage made it worthwhile. I'm trying to remember their name.

I know someone in Sydney who gave up his own eBay business to help another seller build up theirs. Now his job creating listings and websites etc for that seller is done he is looking for new work. He might be able to take care of logistics for you and he understands eBay expectations.

Message 9 of 27
Latest reply

I stand, or rather sit, corrected but it still means that you are relying on the services of a 3rd party to maintain your reputation and income.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 10 of 27
Latest reply