Pics Down

During the last two weeks, because potential buyers can't really see the fine detail in our pics, which is very important with what we sell, I've had two of our best customers ask me to be in contact with them direct to send pics.

I declined, for the obvious reasons. One was understanding, the other not so much, but not rude or anything like that. I'm not sure if we've lost her or not.

Now I'm regretting not doing as asked.

I mean, what should you do? We really can't afford to be 'shut out.' I'm not really enjoying this new eBay. I feel like I'm tip toing about everything and forever fretting about doing something wrong that I don't know is wrong.

Thanks,

Melina.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Pics Down

I would be sending those customers some attached pics in eBay messages.

Try again if it wasn't working earlier.

image host
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Pics Down

Hi Kopes....did you read the advice that ebay gave me yesterday?

I THINK they're probably going to discontinue photos by messaging
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Pics Down

Probably doesn't matter now, as the pics are back up.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Pics Down

@clubesquire wrote:

During the last two weeks, because potential buyers can't really see the fine detail in our pics, which is very important with what we sell, I've had two of our best customers ask me to be in contact with them direct to send pics.

I declined, for the obvious reasons. One was understanding, the other not so much, but not rude or anything like that. I'm not sure if we've lost her or not.

Now I'm regretting not doing as asked.

I mean, what should you do? We really can't afford to be 'shut out.' I'm not really enjoying this new eBay. I feel like I'm tip toing about everything and forever fretting about doing something wrong that I don't know is wrong.

Thanks,

Melina.

two of our best customers ask me to be in contact with them direct to send pics.

If they are repeat customers then why wouldn’t you just send them pics via their PayPal email address?  Just don’t say anything in an eBay message about it, communicate through direct email.  eBay would never know.  You could also ask them to communicate about listings through email rather than eBay messages.  If they are two of your best customers they would be mad to say no.

Spoiler
message to moderators: I am not encouraging the OP to sell off eBay, just to use non-eBay communications while eBay website has difficulties showing pictures.

It is only if you cancelled the listing they asked about that eBay would get suspicious.

If one of your best customers asks about an item and you send pics via email and they then buy the eBay item then you can’t get in trouble with eBay.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Pics Down

Good advice Sir-sales. Smiley Very Happy

I didn't think of that. Of course that's what one would do.

I'm a duffer sometimes. Smiley Happy

image host
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Pics Down

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

I'm a duffer sometimes. Smiley Happy

that’s ok

Spoiler
because
Spoiler
Richmond won the Grand Final
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Pics Down

Oh dear, sometimes I worry about myself.

More so since your reply K1. I'll go and stand in the corner for awhile!!

thanks though.

Melina.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply